1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Lift "Slack"?.......

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by HevyMetal, Dec 10, 2011.

1. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

By that I mean, when you are doing a Deadlift do you just basically grab the bar and right at the last split-second give a grunt and start hoisting?

Do it this way for a better lift and also a stronger lift.:-

Grab the bar with your butt out and the bar about 3 inches in front of your shins.

Keep the shoulders down and the Lats tight.

Grip the bar ferociously and pre-tension every muscle in your body.

Squeeze those Glutes hard.

Squeeze the Lats hard.

Every muscle in the body is pre-tensioned hard.

"Block" the abs/core and hold your breath.

Your brain /body now thinks you are going to lift a TON of weight and acts accordingly through the nuerotransmitters.

Come up in one movement...not too slow , not too fast.

It is all ONE movement. The Dead is not a two-part movement as you see some people do, where first they lift with their back and then follow through with the pelvic push forward to straighten the legs.

It is all one simultaneous movement......as the back comes up, the legs straighten and the pelvis comes forward...all at the same time.

Do the pre-tension/flex thing even if you are Deading light weights.

This technique can also be applied to many other lifts.

The "last-second-Lou" type lift does not give the brain any indication of intent....so it doesn't bother prepping you to lift any real weight until it's too late halfway through the lift. Which results in a weaker lift.

:)

#1 HevyMetal, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Been trying to do a squeeze at the top and bottom of all my exercises. It hurts more but I get a much better pump. :bb: