1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Do I really need the carbs already stored?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by LarryNC, Aug 27, 2005.

1. LarryNC

LarryNC Well-Known Member

Say I eat a P/F meal for bfast and do cardio, then about 5 hours later in my weight lifting class, after that is lunch, I have a p/c meal.

how much would I benefit from switching my bfast to a p/c meal so my muscles have "energy" or is the meal after my class good enough?

2. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

I'm not real sure about this Larry but I think it's a good idea to switch. Again, i'm no expert but it sounds logical.

3. Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

So let me get this straight.
    you eat a Pro / Fat meal for breakfast
    you then do a cardio session.
    then 5 hours after that you do a weight session.
    then you have a Pro / Carb meal

Forgive me for being a bit blunt but that sounds like a very bad schedule i hope i am missing something because it seems like you dont eat at all between your cardio and your weights session and its about 7 hours between breakfast and your next meal. ( guessing at your exercise lengths and the time between breakfast and cardio)
    Give us a little more precise schedule or correct my misinturpretation and i will have a better stab at answering your question.
    Wilders

4. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Hrm.....

Do you have an opportunity to get in a quick p/c meal before weightlifting? Can you bring another shaker bottle to school with you perhaps? That's probably what I'd do.

Normally I'd probably change breakfast to p/c but I don't like all those carbs centered around cardio myself. Just my personal opinion and what works for me.

5. BD231

BD231 Well-Known Member

Kick your butt into eating all your carbs in the am and noon time, cut'em out later in the day.

Give your body fule when your active, this is when your metabolism is running at it's peak.

6. brezman

brezman Well-Known Member

Carbs after lifting is important, otherwise eat p/f all day long.

7. LarryNC

LarryNC Well-Known Member

So this means I can eat a pf meal for bfast, then hours later lift, then eat pc? Don't need any carbs already stored? Hey doesn't your body store fats as glycogen anyway?

8. brezman

brezman Well-Known Member

Some people think they need carbs for a workout...

As long as you're refueling well after your lifting session, theres no reason to eat carbs at any othe time whilst on a cutting diet.

9. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

Totally disagree. Carbs are important. As long as your macros are in check I'd say eat them whenever you want with the exception of bedtime. Then it's P/F. I used to advocate early carbs while cutting however I took some advise from this forum and spread them out more. It worked great. Eating carbs does NOT make you fat!!!!!!

10. Sweet_16

Sweet_16 Well-Known Member

I agree, but too much of ANYTHING will cause your body to store more fat simply because the extra calories are not being used. Simply put, if you're cutting, then ensure you don't overdo the daily caloric intake! Eat clean, eat your carbs, protein and healthy fats and all will be well!

11. Gila Monster

Gila Monster Well-Known Member

Hallelujah to that.

12. doordude42

doordude42 Senior Member

:tu: :nod: