1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Did I lose too much weight? Abs/stomach turned to mush.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by GrandmaD, Jul 15, 2015.

1. GrandmaD

GrandmaD New Member

Hi All, I am new here, and to forums and working out in general, so please bare with me. I started that Zero Belly Diet in late March and started the workouts in the book. My abs were getting really tight then about three weeks ago my abs/stomach started to look wrinkled and lumpy and bloated and seems to be getting worse. I lost 20 pounds, (which was probably more than I needed to lose) and dropped the last 10 pretty quickly over the last month. It's almost like my skin has nothing to cover, yet I still have the pot belly. Did I lose too much weight? Too fast? Oh and I am still working out about an hour + every other day but don't seem to be getting anywhere. Any thoughts? :/

2. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Loose skin is common when you drop a lot of weight quickly... it will usually tighten back up over time, but if it's a real concern, have your doctor check it out. As far as the workouts, an hour every other day should be fine if you are following a nutritionally sound eating plan.

3. GrandmaD

GrandmaD New Member

Thx for the response..I do think I lost too much too fast. A friend told me I looked like a walking skeleton. Ugh! I don't think I was eating enough or on a disciplined schedule of eating. I figured out I was probably only getting 900 to 1000 calories a day and that's probably not enough when you are working out and stuff. I'm going to try to improve my meal schedule and put a few pounds back on. Hopefully if I keep working out the added weight will turn to muscle instead of just fat.