1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Decided to bulk for 2 weeks on home-brew hormones

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by metron9, Apr 12, 2004.

1. metron9

metron9 Well-Known Member

I am down to 201 from 235 in 7 weeks and I still want to be ripped by summer however what is the point of lifting all those weights and cutting at the same time if you can't gain mass while cutting? This program seems like it should work so I am posting my before picture at 201, to be followed by an after 2 weeks picture and then another 2 weeks out after cutting again. So far I have 2 days of eating 3500 cals a day and the second day I am up on the scale to 208 lbs. Lets see in 4 weeks if this program has any merit.

Program i am testing:
    www.musclemedia.com/training/abcde/v58_abc1.asp

Attached Files:

2. khavelka18

khavelka18 Well-Known Member

ok so u are not actually taking any prohormones but rather following the abcde plan...seems interesting please keep us posted :gl:

3. imsuxok?

imsuxok? Well-Known Member

That seems like quite a unique method of bulking. I'm very interested in seeing how it works out for you. I hope you plan to keep us up to date with your progress :)

4. bolo

bolo Well-Known Member

whats your bf%

5. metron9

At bodycomp at 208 lbs on 03-23-04 it calculates 23%.

Daily weight for the first 3 days so far:
    201 start

I hope some of that is muscle but it's probbly mostly a full stomach. I did leg presses last night and I plan to do chest tonight, wednesday off and then shoulders thursday and back friday. It's tough eating so much but I just keep stuffing it in.

#5 metron9, Apr 13, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  6. stepsinsc

stepsinsc Well-Known Member

There's no way in hell from that your picture you're at 23%. I'd say 15, tops.

7. Teg4e

Teg4e Well-Known Member

I agree, there's no way you're over even 15% in that picture. You don't have far to go to be ripped. You have some awesome triceps! Keep us posted on the abcde routine.

8. metron9

It's only day three, yesterday I did a killer leg workout 8 sets of 8 with 450lbs on the leg press, then 4 sets of both leg extensions and leg curls. Tonight I hit the chest with 6 sets of 6 neck presses false grop with legs up and crosses like Vince says to do em. The first time I did them I was cutting and could only manage 95 lbs tonight it was 135 lbs. Then i did 4 sets of mid incline and 4 sets of full incline dumbell presses and finished off with flat bench flys for a full gruling megastrech. I really feel pumped and ready to tear down some block walls or something, this feeling of being on something is true. Anyway I weigh 215 tonight thats 14 lbs heaver than 3 days ago, there is a 2 1/2 inch increase in my smallest waist measurement was 34 now 36.5 but so far I'm not worried about it. Another thing I notice out of the corners of my eyes I think I see more shoulders but maby it's just the pump. Measured Bicep as I worked them Saturday and what do ya know 16 1/2 inches from 16. Hope it's still there in the morning as its probbly pumped too.

I wonder if I should try doing more cable work with my biceps, as the other picture shows maby my triceps are better developed than the biceps and the only excercise difference is I usually only use cable pulldowns for them.

Here is some pictures in the sunlight.

Attached Files:

9. IronPhoenix

IronPhoenix Well-Known Member

Please keep us updated.

I like the ideas, in fact, I've heard them corroborated elsewhere, even though I don't think the guy they interviewed is personally the most brilliant guy on the planet.

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you through the next week and a half of bulking and how effective the two week cutting is afterwards.

Good luck!

10. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

BTT

Interested in this program. Keeping it up to the top. :tu:

Any thoughts on how much of the weight is water? I noticed during a short bulk a month or two ago, that between increased muscle glycogen and water weight I was holding an extra 8-10 pounds. I'm a bit smaller than you and your mescles are better developed, so I'd guess that you could hold more.

GL

11. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

Nice try on the 23% BF :D

I'd say you're already less than 14 %

I think 1 lb of LBM per week would be an agressiive, but attainable goal.

9 lbs....That's alot of weight to gain in three days.......sounds like you're bulking.....

Anyway, good luck to you. You're obviously an experenced lifter.

Nice triceps. Your arms look like my thighs ....lol

12. Jasd

Jasd Well-Known Member

I cutted down from 88kg to 83,5kg, and then decided to give ABCDE a try. I'm going to post my progress here as well.
    I'm now on my day #4 of the first bulking cycle, at 85 kg. Im not counting calories, but I'm eating incredible amounts of food, drinking oil from bottle and of course taking protein supplements.
    I haven't measured my bf, but here's a pic (before my cutting!!):
    edit: omg what a quality... it shows fine on my hd though :P

#12 Jasd, Apr 18, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  13. metron9

Alright! another ABCDE'r I decided to start cutting after the first week. My scale shows I gained 12 LBS in one week. I never did get over to chi-chis for that enchalada, and I didn't even go to Fireside for a pizza, and gads i even forgot to eat ice cream, now that I think of it I really wanted a tour of italy at the olive garden too! Next bulk cycle I will get to those things.

Saturday I went back to my cutting diet. I gained 1 inch on my waist. I missed my workout Saturday because I worked too much on the yardwork and tonight we had a whopper storm that took out the electric so I get 2 days of no workouts. Tonight I just measured my bicep after pretty much no work at all just lazy day today and it is still 3/8 bigger than one week ago. My pecs feel like they have also increased in muscle, its pretty easy to identify as my chest is pretty lame to start with almost no muscle to being able to actually flex it and see something move.

So all in all It was pretty tough the first few days to get all that food down but the workouts I did while eating all that food felt great and I was able to increase the intensity sets weight and reps without feeling burned out. I think recovery was much better as I was not dog tired after 2 days of workout skip 1 and 2 days more workout. I was tired Saturday but I started the cutting again that morning.

I am interested in how long it will take to cut back to 200 and I plan to go to 190, it is summer pretty soon and I want to see what kind of muscle I have before doing another bulk cycle. Maby i will go two weeks the next cycle but I just am a bit gunshy of putting on any more weight just iin case it takes too much time to take off. Once I get back to 200 I will have a better feeling about it.

Pictures next Sunday after a week of cutting and we can see if i made any gains that show up on the camera.

I will start cardio HIT Tuesday but I have to get the back routine in Monday for sure then I will work out the rest of the muscles on Wednesday and Friday using 75% of the weight I usually do and cut out 1/2 the sets I usually do. Ill do cardio on all off days.

14. Jasd

Jasd Well-Known Member

Bulking day #5
    I trained my back and triceps hard today, and really had something kicking. My weight has increased to 87,3kg. I'm not sure if its a good or a bad thing, what do you think? 1kg/day seems pretty fast for me (even if it was just a full stomach). If the trainings though continue to kick this way, I could think about eating even more... ;)

15. metron9

I started at 201 last Sunday and weighed 212 by Saturday morning 6 days later. Actually Thursday I was 212, friday 211 and Saturday 212 so it stalled about there. It's one of the reasons i decided to cut so soon to shock the body again as it was adapting to 211 range of weight.

I started cutting Saturday morning and today Monday I weighed 206. I would say don't worry about the major weight numbers as most of it is food/water in the system. Your stomach and intestines can hold quite a bit of weight in food and water.

I will know better at the end of this week but I will post my weight chart starting at 201 last Sunday to this morning when I get home tonight.

Eat man eat everything like a pig and just see what happens I did.

16. Jasd

Jasd Well-Known Member

That's what I'm gonna do!
    My diet is going to get a kickstart after bulk day #14, because I have work then for three days like clock 9-23.
    I'm also thinking about my weight training. I should be training my pecs & shoulders on thursday, but we have a trip at school. I'm feeling like hell for eating this lot and not going to lift weights until on friday... :(

17. metron9

Finally got to take week 7 pictures. I was going to wait till I was back to 201 to post the before after bulk but after I looked at the difference in 7 days I thought I would throw them out there and see what people think.
    So the pictures on the left are at 201 lbs one week ago and the right are at 206 lbs after one week of eating 3500 to 4000 calories per day. What do you folks think.

Attached Files:

18. cdb

cdb Well-Known Member

wow, lol

those 1 week gains look like 1+ month gains :tucool:

(first post on the forum, but I've been following this thread closely :P)

gj :D

19. IronPhoenix

IronPhoenix Well-Known Member

Deeyamn.

You sir, are the man.

20. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Metron,

I've been reading all four parts in the article, slowly, but surely. When you get a chance, would you mind relating some of your personal feelings about how you think your body is responding and compare that to the descriptions in the article.

For example: It looks like you have a serious pump on in your comparison picture. Does this feel like a better pump, or how does it compare to other bulking or cutting that you have done. (are you pumped in that second pic?)

When I get to my summer weight, I'm thinking serious about giving this a go. Thanks again for pointing it out.