1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Day off??

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by music88, Aug 11, 2012.

1. music88

music88 Active Member

I know it may be because im just starting out and not yet seeing any chnange in body etc, but does any one feel guilt and bad to have a day off?? should i NOT have a day off from the gym?

Been 5 days in a row and feel i should have today off for muscles to recover, but do they need time off?

i feel bad and feel bad eating, even though it is clean.

hmmmm just wanted some advice on this

2. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

You should have atleast one dedicated day off. Muscles need time to repair and re-group. If you don't give them that time, your progress will be slow, just as it would if you don't eat well and or get enough sleep.

A day off doesn't mean one should sit around and do nothing. It just means that you don't have any planned or intentional workouts for the day. If you feel inspired to go for a walk to clear any cob webs that may have gathered in your mind, go for a walk, just keep it casual.

As for eating or how should one eat on a day off, it really depends on who you ask. For some people, day off from the gym means it's time to pig out on food. For others, a day off from workouts is not a excuse to stuff their faces. That is something you're going to have to decide.

3. music88

music88 Active Member

i have eaten well today, dont want to have any day where i "stuff my face"

and yes went for a little walk.

thanks for reply