1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting stages

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by ChrisAndNat, Feb 9, 2004.

1. ChrisAndNat

ChrisAndNat Well-Known Member

It seems to me that this is the longest stage of cutting, or the hardest part to get rif of:
    [​IMG]

When i look at johns progress it seems like that took about 10 weeks or so to get rid of.. After that he seems to rocket into shape all over.

So im wondering how long im going to be stuck in this phase or if anyone knows how to "speed it up" a bit so i can move toward building upper body etc.

Thanks all

2. corbint

corbint Well-Known Member

remember, everyones bodies are different, as is their ability to use and burn off fat. i checked your site, and it appears your diet "may" be the culprit to why you arent seeing the results you hoped for. a lot of your calories are generalized numbers, instead of the raw true facts. for example, feb 8 you have ::

oatmeal +300
    snacks +600
    shake +500
    protein bar +100

cals in +1500

wheres the real food, and where are the real cals? wheres the fiber? how is your macronutrient breakdown? 40/40/20? 55/30/15? if you have a snack, list it, ounce for ounce, gram for gram, carb for carb, etc etc. if you want real results, you gotta get REAL anal about what you track. trust me! i measure cereal, milk, hell everything, and people give me shit about "why do you do that?". i like to know how much fuel i put in my gas tank, thank you very much!

also, i dont really know your history, but you may be overtraining. looks like you run+row+swim daily? do you lift?

you gotta get fired up about your transformation chris! you have already made FANTASTIC progress, but you need to get FIRED UP! you need to get INSANE about what you are doing, you need to go CRAZY, you need to track what you eat, when you eat, and follow that model daily. too much variation in your diet during a strict cutting phase and your results will not be optimal.

ive been following your progress since i first saw you post over on bb.com, and i remember that one of your primary goals is to "regain the lost 6-pack". you will have it shortly, probably within 8 weeks! keep training, keep running, keep up the work bro, its coming off!

3. ChrisAndNat

ChrisAndNat Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I will try to start doing that this week.

Im going to modify my site a little so I can track that kinda stuff better.

As far as work outs, Ive done the following 4-6 times a week:

Run 5K (22-28min)
    Rower 5min - To stretch, cool off from run and work my arms a bit
    Swim 250-500meters (10-20min)

about 3 times a week i will spend 10min doing some work on my arms but nothing id think to write about, just bench, bi's, tri's, etc.

*btw, thanks for the info about PHP...