1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting regimen

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by Transformer503, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Transformer503

I am 25 y/o female 5ft 3 and have cut from 181 to 172 in the past month. Although I am proud of my progress I seem to have plateau'd. Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong!

Diet:
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, coffee
    Snack: 0% greek yogurt
    Lunch: 2c spinach, protein, vinegar, cheese
    Dinnet: grilled protein, sweet potato, avocado

I usually drink 2.5 liters of water throughput the day and enjoy a cocktail a few days out of the week.

Workout:
    30 min cardio daily, rest on wed.
    light weights every other day (machines)

I'm not sure what to do but my gw is 140. I like routine and would be willing to adjust to get to my gw.

TIA!

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Welcome.

At the top of this section is a thread titled beginners start here.

Here is a link to one of the topics which you may find useful. The title is nutrition for a healthy weight.

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=42001

It will teach you how to determine how much you should be eating to reach your goal.

Other than that, weight loss is not linear.

3. abuseguy

abuseguy Active Member

In addition to macdiver's advice:

* Register at MyFitnessPal.com or a similar site that will allow you to log your food calories and macronutrients -- protein, carbs, fats. When you say "Protein" it could be anything from a can of tuna to a massive porterhouse steak. You should get accustomed to weighing food and measuring portions.

* The site will also allow you to log your exercise, and from there you can determine exactly what you should be eating. No mystery.

* Alcohol in moderation may be OK, but bear in mind that it's wasted calories. A cocktail a few days a week easily becomes a few cocktails several days a week, and the calories in alcohol inhibit your body's ability to process the other calories that you consume -- and as a result they're stored as fat. It's not just the calories in the alcohol, and this can really throw off your progress.

* Cardio: What type? How hard? It might be worth investing in a heart rate monitor. Many people engage in casual "cardio" workouts without ever actually pushing their hear rate. It's better than nothing but the results will be nominal.

Good luck, and Welcome! Congratulations on great progress so far.

4. Transformer503

Hello @abuseguy. Thank you for the tips!

Since writing this post I have dropped 2 lbs and am at 170.

I carefully track my macros via samsung health app and try to keep the drinks to a minimum.

I will definitely update this thread in a month and post progress.

5. abuseguy

abuseguy Active Member

Great news. Congratulations. It took me a while to actually start tracking my macros carefully, and quickly learned how "off" my guesses can be.