1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting Out All Inferior Foods, Need To Add a Protein Powder, Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Brian Golden, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Brian Golden

Brian Golden Well-Known Member

I've cut out GMO foods, HFCS, corn oil, rapeseed oil, vegetable oil, soy, no bread.

Right now I'm supplementing with Nutiva Organic Coconut manna, royal jelly (don't recall the brand name), Buried Treasure Mineral Complex concord grape, bee pollen, and cold pressed hemp oil. I keep all of them except the manna in the mini-fridge.

I'm planning on getting a blender and two protein powders to further boost my metabolism. I was going to go with quest protein powder and was looking for a suggestion to mix it with. ;) I get my flavor from the quest protein powder so I'm looking for the best unflavored bloody protein powder below $60.

I go to Complete Nutrition or GNC to get the quest protein powder, it costs $35 at GNC with a coupon I have..

I'm in a cutting phrase, but ultimately, I desire to look like Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones. I plan on doing nothing but cutting[/u] my body fat between now and December. Depending on how well I do between now and then, I'm looking at bulking back up to my current weight (211, with the ultimate goal of being or below 10%). Suggestions?

2. Brian Golden

Brian Golden Well-Known Member

Update, I did some light window shopping, and learned the folllowing. Retail sucks, the Complete Nutrition store I was going to has completely fallen to the dark side, and I'm planning on avoiding General Nutrition Corporation as much as possible.

I'm planning on going to the store tomorrow, buying enough chicken breasts and Italian Turkey Meatballs to last me for a few days.

I am still hoping on getting the majority of my fiber from a) vegetables like baby spinach or broccoli, and b) plant based protein sources.

If I do order any protein supplements, I will be doing so from bodybuilding.com.

I'm also going to force myself to wake up in the mornings and get more serious about my early morning exercise.

I noticed the forums are kind of dead, so I'll be reviewing some of the old material posted around here, and don't plan on abandoning the forum again, but I don't plan on religiously posting data or experiences.