1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by hexomega, Apr 10, 2012.

1. hexomega

hexomega Member

Hey,

Here are my stats:

Sex: Male
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: ~208 lbs (I will edit this post tomorrow when I weigh myself)
    Body fat percentage: I will update this tomorrow

When I was younger I was obese (when I was 16 and 5'5" I weighed 180 lbs). I lost weight before starting undergrad, but several years of terrible eating, too much alcohol, and a sedentary lifestyle caught up with me.

My diet plan is as follows:

Macromolecule Distribution

~45-50% Protein, 25-30% Carbs, 25% Fat

but every third day I will up calories, with these macro ratios

30% Protein, 45% Carbs, and 25% FatCalories

On days I lift (~2000-2200) on cardio/rest days (~1700-1900), and (~2200-2400) on my carb heavy day. The calories will be split over 5-6 meals every 3 hours. I'll have protein in every meal, and I'll consume starchy carbs in the morning, and fibrous carbs later in the day.

I'll try this for 2 weeks and see if I need to change my caloric intake.

Workout Schedule

Monday: Weights (Upper Body)
    Tuesday: Weights (Lower Body)
    Wednesday: Cardio
    Thursday: Weights (Upper Body)
    Friday: Weights (Lower Body)
    Saturday: Cardio
    Sunday: Off

For weights, I'll have a warmup set then I'll aim for 6 reps to failure on the first set, 12 reps to failure on the second set, then complete a drop set to failure.

Exercises

Upper body day: Dumbbell bench press, dumbbell flyes, dumbbell shoulder press, seated cable row, lat pulldown, dumbbell kickback, dumbbell biceps curls, lateral raises

Lower body day: Lunges, hyperextensions, lying leg curls, seated leg extensions, planks, calf raises

Cardio

My cardiovascular fitness is quite low, so in addition to fat loss some of my goals are to increase my V02 max, reduce my heart rate, and have better cardiovascular health in general. I just checked my pulse and it is currently 96 bpm, so I'm fairly close to being tachycardic which I obviously want to avoid! I'll be using a treadmill (for now anyways) and I'll alternate with jogging / walking, and once I build up enough endurance switch to HIIT.

I look forward to updating this journal!

Thanks for reading.

#1 hexomega, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Good luck sir!

3. hexomega

hexomega Member

Thanks digitalnebula.

4. hexomega

hexomega Member

Day 1 and 2

Diet

Not so great, yesterday I ate "clean" but did not count calories, and today I was at the tigers game, and got a breaded chicken breast, so I'll need to improve diet ASAP.

I'll begin counting calories tomorrow as well.

Workout

Apr 10

Lower body day - it was good overall

Apr 11

My pecs and deltoids are quite sore, and the workout today was quite good. I'm looking forward to cardio tomorrow.