1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting diet! need help

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by aruchunan, Apr 4, 2007.

1. aruchunan

aruchunan Active Member

Here is my cutting diet, Im 180 (16% BF), I do fasted AM cardio 6 days a week and pump PM iron 4 times a week.

12 pm - Fasted AM Cardio (45mins LISS)

1:30 pm:
    1 scoop protien + gluts
    1 packed oatmeal
    1 tbsp flax oil

3:00 pm:
    6 oz chicken/steak
    1/2 cup cooked brown rice

5:00 pm:
    8 egg whites
    1/2 pita

6:30 pm:
    2 oz almonds

7:30 pm
    6 oz chicken/steak
    1 tbsp peanut butter

9 pm - workout

10 pm - 1 protein shake + gluts

11 pm
    9 oz chicken/steak

2 am - sleep

Ok guys this is my cutting diet, so what do you guys think? Im hitting around 2200-2400 calories - 45p, 35c, 20f. What should I add and what should I change?

2. lordkovacs

lordkovacs Well-Known Member

First, I am far from an expert on this, I can just go on what worked for me, and from the reading I did. I lost a lot of my weight eating 60% carbs, 20 pro, 20 fat. For me, that ratio worked. I also was eating around 2200cals at 220 lbs. I followed the 10X bw rule...but that was just a personal thing. I don't believe all the protein hype. I think you are certainly eating cleanly, I just think I would trim the 9oz portions of steak chicken to around 6, and opt for some asparagus/broccoli/other greens. I don't see any of that, which is good for regularity. I do like the way you spaced your meals, and added some very good fats. If it were me, I'd lower cals to around 2000.

Cheers man, good luck!

Mike

3. dluc

dluc Active Member

How about some fruit in this meal? You can decrease the amount of oatmeal for the fruit to fit in if you'd like:)

Add veggies!

Is there anything in that pita? If not, you could throw in some....veggies! You could also consider ditching the pita altogether and adding in veggies as well as another healthy fat source.

Why not just add these to the 5:00 meal? You're eating pretty soon after anyways.

That's not bad, though again, I would add some veggies (you have 0 meals with veggies:()

Some people like to have some carbs after their workout. How much protein are you getting in that shake?

I'd scale back on the chicken/steak - 5-8 ounces should suffice. I would also replace the brown rice with some veggies and a fat source to fuel you while you sleep.

The above is just what I would do personally. Take it for what it's worth:)

ps: I personally think your calorie levels are fine (I would actually start off a tad higher, but we all do this differently). Decrease as you progress.