1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cut the Gut, Build the Brawn

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Ecrivain, May 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

It's okay, really. Whenever I feel like slacking now, I hear a little deja in my head insulting me. :lol:

Thanks!

Holla! ;)

Md is a bit far from me. I do travel a bit for bouts, but not that far. This Sunday, I'm going to Virginia to ref an interleague scrimmage. That's a 3 hour road trip with a carload of refs. The things we do.

Today: 6.2 mi (59:26) around town. Tons o' sun. Love it!

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :tucool:

3. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

For some reason I thought you were in Md. near Washington DC. You must move now. :lol:

4. Ecrivain

:nod:

I'll take it into consideration. ;)

Today:
    deadlift 285 x 5; 325 x 3; 365 x 1
    shrug 315 x 18,15,15
    hanging knee raise +50 x 6,6,8
    Form got a little sloppy on the max deadlift, but I kept it tight enough not to hurt myself. Still, it was a reminder that I need to be careful and conscious of my back. But mostly it just felt good to grip it and rip it. :D

5. Ecrivain

Today: 5K race (26:06). It was held at the college campus in support of Relay for Life. The conditions were horrible: cold, windy, rainy. It was completely unorganized; the poor student that was running things was frazzled because Public Safety didn't show up to help like they were supposed to. Some runners got lost along the course.

But for me, personally, it was a blast! I had a good time. One of the volunteers along the course said, "You look like you're actually having fun running!" I helped a friend get a PR. I had a bite of a homemade chocolate chip cookie at the finish. I got 1st place in my age group (don't be too impressed - there was no double-dipping, so the overall winners didn't get age group prizes). Anyway, I thought it was fun, and I really like little, low-key races like this.

Next up: hashing! And if I survive the hash, there may be some contra dancing. And then I've gotta wake up early tomorrow to ref a scrimmage in Virginia.

You know, it's pretty good to be me.

6. jeremy155rr

jeremy155rr Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun! Drinking and running.... :nod:

7. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

365 is a fuckload. :eek:

don't get too toasted with the rollerqueens...they'll rough you up again. :nono:

8. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Ecrivain,
    I am impressed. I never got an age group award, I have run over 150 races. I still have hope. If I can run another 40 years, most of the competion in my age group will be dead. :lol: But it won't be easy even then. The last race I ran, I was checking my results on the website by my last name. This guy with the same last name, ran a 10K in 41 minutes. He was 67. Yikes.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Congrats E on the big pull and doing so well in the race. Also, kudos for helping your friend set a PR. :tucool:

10. imelda

imelda Well-Known Member

Hey, I read about that team, too, last time I was down the beach. Showed it to my younger daughter. That would be right up the little red-neck's alley, and we'll be moved down that way soon! So see, now you really do have to move this way, E! They need a great ref!:nod:

11. Rogozhin

Rogozhin Active Member

So awesome. Love your journal E. :D

12. Ecrivain

It's a nice combination. :nod:

I'm a glutton for punishment. :evil:

To be fair, it was an incredibly small race, and there was no double-dipping (so overall winners didn't get age group awards). So don't be too impressed.

That was the best feeling. I really like helping others bust their goals.

Got a spare room? ;)

I'm digging it too. :D

Sat: Hashing, but no contra dancing. It was a good hash. :evil:

Sun: Interleague scrimmage! I skated as a ref for 3 thirty-minute bouts. I was nervous and overwhelmed as hell. I made a few calls, but not enough. I was too focused on skating and not making a fool of myself. :rolleyes: But it was fun. :D

Mon: deload
    squat 265 x 5,5,5
    squat 275 x 10; 285 x 12
    hyper +120 x 15,12,12
    Today: Playing on the fitness trail. Some sprints, some running, some walking. Chin-ups, pull-ups, leg raises, push-ups, sit-ups, balance beams, and other random stuff at the various fitness stations. About 3 miles overall. Just having fun in the sun, really.

13. Ecrivain

Wed: deload
    press 115 x 5,5,5
    bb bo row 195 x 10,10,10
    neutral db bp 2x70 x 8,8,8
    wide lat pd 175 x 12,12,10
    Grow, lats, grow!

Thu: 4.5 mi (42:45) around town. I'm getting my runner's tan back. :cool:

Excellent advice: Please Improve Your Drinking Diet.

Personally, I'm currently beta testing a beef, bacon, and beer diet plan. So far, the results are pretty good. But there's still work to be done. Look for it to hit bookstore shelves by New Year's 2012.

14. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    So nice of you to make the sacrifice of hammering out the Three B diet plan. Keep us posted. :lol:

15. Ecrivain

I'm a giver. :angel:

Today: deload
    deadlift 10:00 @ 275 x 10,6,6,6,5,5,4,4,3,3,3,2 = 57
    shrug 275 x 15,15,10
    Done at home because my gym was closed. I swear, all week I read the signs saying they'd be closed Sunday, but never saw anything about Friday. :rolleyes: My bar's a little slick, which made this extra fun. Gonna hunt down some chalk today.

My team has an away bout in Kentucky tomorrow. We're taking a bus! :dance: And I was just informed that one of the refs won't be able to make it, so I've got a chance to referee. :eek: :spaz: And! There's a ska band playing the halftime and afterparty! Good times ahead.

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Enjoy!

17. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

Sounds like my gym, what with the suspicious signage that appears two minutes before they intend to close. :rolleyes:

I just bought a big ole box of chalk. I'll send you a block if you want. It's super cheap to buy, but shipping from the Closet of Choppie Store is free. :)

Are you taking your cute lil cheerleader? Have her take some more pictures of E in motion. :nod:

18. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

I no longer believe the introvert angle:no:

19. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Happy Easter my friend! Hope you have a great day!

20. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :)