1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Cut the Gut, Build the Brawn

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Ecrivain, May 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

So, yah, salsa dancing was fun. But I totally have no rhythm. Counting and dancing is hard. :rolleyes:

:nope: A couple of whole roasted chickens. Wanna guess what was on sale at the grocery store?

:nono: Boxer-briefs are the only civilized skivvies for men.

Friday, Part 1:
    deadlift 285 x 5; 305 x 5; 325 x 7
    shrug 295 x 20,20,20
    hanging knee raise +50 x 6,6,6
    Friday, Part 2: Survive! It was a city-wide game of zombie tag. Totally freaking awesome. Players start in a black shirt, as humans. The goal was to get to 6 check-points without getting tagged. Once tagged by a zombie, players switch to a white shirt and hunt humans. I got tagged within a couple of blocks of starting, but I kinda wanted to be a zombie anyway. :evil: Stalking and sprinting after people was hella fun. About 30 minutes into it, downtown was a sea of white shirts, so it was pretty much over. But the party continued, with art-crawls, live bands, and good times.

Saturday: Contra dance. Got in a good 3 hours of dancing. Had three partners tell me I was fun to dance with. Not good, mind, but fun. That counts for something, I suppose.

Sunday: 3 hrs derby practice. Pretty intense, as they're preparing for this weekend's bout.

Today, Part 1:
    squat 295 x 3; 315 x 3; 330 x 5
    squat 275 x 10,10,10,10,10
    hyper +120 x 10,10,10
    Big dude was grunting loud enough to shake the gym while doing ez-bar curls. He had a couple of guys spotting him, even. Made me think of the plate-bangers Paddy talked about, and kree's arch-enemies at her gym. I just snickered to myself and turned my headphones up.

Today, Part 2: 2 hours fresh meat practice. Refs didn't have much to do. But, hey, it's always fun to watch. Beats TV.

And I picked up a set of outdoor wheels that I'm anxious to try out, as soon as the rain stops. :blank:

2. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

E said hella!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

zombie tag sounds soooo awesome. :nod:

3. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

i must admit, that town game sounds like fun. i can imagine when it was all white shirts the crazy scene when someone saw a black shirt.

4. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

I love the way buried in the middle of a post about being extremely active is a tiny little update in which you betray your total beastliness. :bow:

5. Ecrivain

It was. And I'll have the scars to prove it.

Exactly! I found my nephew in the crowd eventually, and he was trying to get people to see his band. So I shouted "human!" and chased him for awhile, until a big group gathered. And then he handed out fliers. Clever boy. ;)

:o Thanks Chop.

Tuesday:
    press 130 x 3; 135 x 3; 145 x 3
    clean 135 x 5,5,5,5,5
    overhead shrug 135 x 20
    inverted row 10,9,8
    Today: 2 hours derby practice. They took it pretty easy on each other, since it's bout week. But it was still tons of fun.

6. Ecrivain

Today: 6 mi (58:29) around town. In the glorious sunshine! :cool: I may have even gotten a little burn. But it's so worth it.

Apparently, now I am supposed to be going grocery shopping for something called "vegetables." :confused:

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Nicely done!

She's a bad influence. :lol:

8. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

chicks won't live on eggs and butter.

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Updates and pictures! We NEED updates and pictures.

10. jeremy155rr

jeremy155rr Well-Known Member

I saw a post about this a few months back on FB or a gun forum I frequent, I was under the impression it may be a huge April Fools experiment:lol: Hope JC was friendly with all the hoopla!

11. Ecrivain

You have no idea.

They could! But, I came home to grilled steak and bacon-wrapped asparagus. So, I'm not gonna complain one bit. :eat:

Sometimes you've just gotta be in the moment. That means missing some photo ops. And having some stories that aren't appropriate for public updates. ;)

The downtown bars and restaurants loved it, I'm sure. The cops complained, of course. But I think it was an overall win for the city and I believe they're planning future events.

Friday:
    deadlift 305 x 3; 325 x 3; 345 x 5
    shrug 315 x 15,15,10
    decline sit-up 15,12,10
    Saturday: Bout day!!! Deja and I got to the fairgrounds around 9:30 AM for track setup. Big props to her for helping out. This one was a double-header, so we got started a bit earlier. I worked as a penalty tracker for this one again. Master of the clipboard, I am! :flex: Both bouts were excellent, from what I saw of them.

And the afterparty was... just... wow. :o

Sunday: recovery from afterparty.

Today, Part 1:
    squat 275 x 5; 315 x 3; 350 x 3
    Jack shit for assistance work because, by the third rep at 350, I was tasting blood. :eek:

Today, Part 2: 2 hrs fresh meat practice. Working on assessments for the meaties. Some of them are about ready to graduate!

12. Chopaholic

That's exactly what we had for dinner! :scared:

[​IMG]

13. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    But I do. :lol:

:ohnoes:

14. Ecrivain

No way! :suspicious: I made coconut chicken tonight. What'd you have?! :pillowfight:

Seriously, she's the devil. :evil: But I lurve her. :dreamy:

Today: 3.1 mi (28:43) around town. All things considered, better than nothing. Cold, windy, and rainy. Somebody stole my Springtime. :blank:

15. Chopaholic

Way.

Recipe pls.

16. Ecrivain

Recipe? :confused: Ummm...

Fry some chicken. I used thighs this time, but I use boneless boobs sometimes. Season it with thyme, oregano, and garlic. Emphasis on the thyme. Fry some onions, garlic, peppers (habanero for heat, jalapeno for flavah) and other vegetables if you must (I used broccoli this time). Cook it down, then lower the heat to simmer. Add about half a can of coconut milk, grated ginger, and lime juice. Simmer a bit. Eat it when the smell is so good you can't stand it any more.

Today, Part 1:
    press 120 x 5; 135 x 3; 155 x 0,1
    bb bo row 185 x 10,10,10,10,10
    neutral db bp 2x65 x 10,10,10
    wide lat pulldown 160 x 12,12,12
    SS { tri pushdown 150 x 12,12,12
    SS { pull-up neg 1,1,1
    Felt good about the press (new PR!) until deja mocked me for taking two attempts ("weak!"). Leave it to her to keep me humble. :rolleyes:

Thus begins Operation Tablebacon! I've been told by someone that I need to work on my lat spread / posture / v-taper. So I'm going to try more lower-weight, higher-rep lat stuff. And I'm going to work on spreading my lats instead of hunching my shoulders when I stand. You are all welcome to send me random txts with the word "tablebacon" and that's my key to check my posture. Fun! :dance:

Today, Part 2: 2 hrs derby practice. I got to skate as an inside pack ref for awhile. Requires less endurance, but more agility. Also, it makes me dizzy.

17. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

there was cabbage in there too. mmmmm. :drool:

bwahaha you KNOW i was jivin' ya. :nono:

:flex:

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Congrats on the PR.

Tablebacon!

19. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

he's talking like her now. :blank:

20. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

The Sussex county delaware newspaper had an article on Rollerderby this weekend. Seems a lady from Md is trying to start a team in Lewes, De. I immediately linked the article to you. You probably ref her league in Md.