1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cut the Gut, Build the Brawn

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Ecrivain, May 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I just sent you a PM.

2. B.C.

B.C. Active Member

Just wanted to say thanks.

Im down to 188 from 325 and your transformation was one that helped me along the way. Keep on giviner, gonna go hit some deads.

3. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

that right there is a beautiful thing. its good you told him that b.c.

4. Ecrivain

Ecrivain Well-Known Member

Thanks! You keep inspiring me with your treadmill sprints.

:dance:

(Look, we're dancing together!)

I may take you up on that! I've really got to try your famous bagels. ;) I'll let you know when my plans get a bit more solid.

Thanks. I know, from numerous past experiences, that working out will improve my disposition. And yet, there are still days when it's a struggle. :doh:

These things take time. You're far! I'm still trying to figure out how to road-trip to France.

I signed up years ago, but I've never had the nerve to actually use it. I know people that have had great experiences with it, hosting and surfing. But it seems a bit like an introvert's hell. Fortunately, there are willing JSFers all over the place!

Talk to me, too! That's a much easier road-trip! I'd make an attempt at a Jedi/Seltzer/Yankee-JSFers Summer meetup.

Wow, congratulations on your transformation! That's amazing progress. I'm glad I could help in some way. Welcome to JSF!

Absolutely. This is the kind of interaction that makes this community so powerful. I love it.

Friday: deload
    deadlift 265 x 5,5,5
    shrug 265 x 25,25,20
    rack pull 315 x 3; 365 x 1; 385 x 0,0
    Probably wasn't the greatest idea to attempt a big rack pull during my deload, anyway. But, like we were talking about in Paddy's journal awhile back, sometimes you just gotta go for it.

And then... roller derby houseparty. Holy. Shit. :eek:

Saturday: rest and recovery from roller derby houseparty. Also, rode to Charlotte with the ref team. Two were scheduled to ref. I, and another one, were alternates. He got to track penalties. I got to sit with the fans and watch. Good times. And, given that I was still recovering, it's best that I didn't have to do anything that required thinking.

Sunday: 3 hours derby practice. I was still recovering. I was a menace on skates. Much falling. :o

And then... 3 hours of contra dancing. I felt much better during this. It was an "advanced" dance. I was talked into going by someone who assured me I would be able to keep up. I struggled, but managed to not hurt anyone. The advanced part means that the pace is faster, there's less guidance from the caller, and the figures are more complex. I was overwhelmed at first, but I got into it eventually and had fun.

Today:
    squat 275 x 5; 295 x 5; 315 x 8
    hyper +110 x 10,10,10,10,10
    bulgarian split squat [L/R] 2x40 x 5/5; 2x45 x 5/5; 2x50 x 10/10
    And then... 2hrs fresh meat practice. I got in and did some endurance work with them. I was a better skater tonight than I was yesterday, that's for sure. During the scrimmage, I did fall over a skater that downed in front of me, but there was nothing I could've done about it. I did a kind of roll/tumble to try to minimize the impact, and we both made it out alive. It's all part of the game.

And now... my legs are pretty much spent.

5. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

With that kind of workouts you better be eating...your gonna be skin and bones!

6. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Ercivain,
    I do read your journal, but I can think of nothing to add, so hence - no comments.

In my next life, I want to be able to squat 315. :)

7. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

Look! I'm stepping on your feet! :o

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :lol: You know how to reach me.

:lol:

:claphigh:

That's some big weight and volume for a deload. :nod:
    I can't imagine why. :D

9. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

still so jealous of the party. :madpimp:

dude....nice squats!!!! :bow:

you lose that 10 you gained during dejafest???

yeah you better be eating eating eating.

10. Ecrivain

No worries there. I ate 3lbs of beef for dinner last night, for instance. :o

I admit, I do get a pretty good feeling loading up those plates. :nod: I fully owe it to Wendler's 5/3/1 program. It's the best lifting routine I've ever done. The progress has been incredibly satisfying.

Size 13 - I'm used to it. They're always in the way. And I deserve it, for all the foot-stepping I do. :o

Legs. So. Sore.

You should be. :evil:

The scale weight's coming down, but the beer-belly remains. Of course, that's because the beer is still being consumed. :o

Totally not a problem. I'm working on a whole chicken today, plus other food. Under-eating is not my issue. :nope:

Today: 3.1mi (27:43) around town. My legs shouted "nooooo" but the sunshine screamed "yes! yes! yes!"

In addition to my regular workouts and practice tomorrow, I'm supposed to do Zumba with the team for a charity event at the skate rink tomorrow night. Zumba. :blank: The things I do for roller derby.

11. kree-kree

Zumba video or it didn't happen.... :lol:

12. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Dude, if there's any way we can do a JSF get together I am in... will PM as soon as I know more :)

13. Ecrivain

Oh, it happened. :o

Don't toy with my emotions! Now I'm all excited about the possibility. :spaz:

Today, Part 1:
    press 120 x 5; 130 x 5; 135 x 6
    face pull 150 x 10; 160 x 10; 170 x 10
    neutral-grip db bp 2x60 x 10,10,10
    My left elbow was really hurting during some movements, despite warming up. So I tried to take it easy after the press. I read that neutral-grip dumbbell bench presses were supposed to be safer for shoulders and elbows, and that seemed to hold true. I couldn't do as much weight, but it felt good.

Today, Part 2: 1.5 hrs Zumba(-ish). Um, yah. I worked up a sweat. I couldn't follow the moves very well. Or at all. But it was kind of fun. And it was for charity! :dance:

Today, Part 3: 1 hr derby practice. Scrimmage the whole time. Thankfully, the team took it slow because they were tired from Zumba, so it was easier to keep up with them.

14. kree-kree

All I kept thinking when I was watching was the song by Eminem lyrics...Shake that ass for me, shake that ass for me....":lol: Your squats look great and your calves like Borat would say "very nice"

15. Paddy

Paddy Well-Known Member

:confused: hmmmm very tempting sig.

16. Ecrivain

:o I'm lucky the vid was taken early on. After a while, the moves got much harder and, um, well... it wasn't pretty. :lol:

Better a sig than a request.

Today:
    The Bear 105 x 6,6,6,6,6,6
    I didn't want to run, because my legs are achy. So, for some reason, I thought The Bear would be a good alternative. :doh: And as I was getting ready for the gym, I realized I could just do it at home now. :doh: I'm brain-slow today. But working out in my undies is :dreamy:

I think I'm going salsa dancing tonight. :eek:

17. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

hell to the yeah!!!! :jumping:

fixed.

18. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

so what does the fridge look like today?

19. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Lemme guess. Lots of eggs. :D

20. kree-kree

Boxers or Briefs??????:confused: