1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

CrossBow (Wieder)

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by eagles73003, Feb 5, 2004.

1. eagles73003

eagles73003 Well-Known Member

CrossBow (Weider)

Hello everyone!

I am a new member and I have really enjoyed this site. Great job John!! I now can see why so-so many people you have touched through your wonderful website. Anyways, I have a new CrossBow. Been trying to set me up a workout from it. Do you think I can build good muscle tone from it. From what I have seen and read from you and other people, It looks like free weights would be a better choice. I just would like to know what you and other people think about the CrossBow and if anyone else is currently using one, and their accomplishments. I would really appreciate it! I think these forums would benefit me and keep me motivated, since we all could use it. I will have to work on before pictures. I have been on a low-carb(Atkins) diet for 4weeks now. Its been tough, but I have lost 15 pounds. I think I like your diet better. Plus I have heard bad things about Adkins and low-carb diets, Re: too much fat. Anyways, I wil stop rambling. Look forward to all your guys feedback, and keeping each other posted. We are all here for the same thing, and with all of our support we can all get to our goals!! :gl:

#1 eagles73003, Feb 5, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2004
  2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Hi eagles73003,

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, I don't really care for the Crossbow or most other strength training "machines". I'm a die-hard proponent of free weights, as you probably can tell. :) That's not to say that you can't make progress using what you have, because you can. Still, if I were you, I'd try to sell the Crossbow and buy a nice bench, a power rack and an Olympic weight set. Dumbbells are also great.

As for specific workouts on the Crossbow, perhaps someone else who works out with it on a regular basis can chime in. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. See you around!

3. vortex72

vortex72 Well-Known Member

I agree with John regarding freeweights.

However, if you've already bought the crossbow, and you are a fitness beginner, you should be able to get some benefits from it for now.

I'd follow whatever sample workout plan it comes with at first making sure you resistance train at least 3 days a week and hit all the body parts. Keep the workouts as intense as possible. Whenever finishing the final set of an exercise you should feel close to 100% exertion.

Do this for a few months and when you outgrow it, sell it and get some real weights :)

4. eagles73003

eagles73003 Well-Known Member

Thanks for guys reply. That is a good idea to start with what I have now then go get a free weight system.

Thanks again!

5. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Eagles
    Since you just got it. Give it a try. You can still sell it later for about same price. You want to get ahold of a Bowflex exercise manual, they do a better job than weider. Use the routines there.

Also go to Crossbow list on yahoogroups, for more ideas.

6. zeurath

zeurath Well-Known Member

Not everyone has the possibilites to have their own gym either, so I would suggest you to start with what you have and check out the local gyms for your weight training... Altho some dumbbells and a bench aren't the biggest space takers (*cough power rack cough*). :p
    :gl:
    :bb: + :eat: = :flex: