1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Creatine

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by HyPe, Apr 18, 2005.

1. HyPe

HyPe Well-Known Member

Bought some ProLab Creatine
    Tomorrow i will start taking it
    I am wondering if i should cycle if so how should i do it
    or should i just take like 5g a day when im not working out and 10g a day when i am or what
    what are your recommendations

2. ILoco

ILoco Well-Known Member

3. glenn_001

glenn_001 Well-Known Member

This works well for me.
    Theres no need to cycle supplements, this has just been carried over from cycling steroids.

Glenn

4. american dream

american dream Well-Known Member

I am going to assume you were asking about a loading phase. Cycling it would me something along the lines of, 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off, ect.

For loading, if it is creatine ester you don't have to load, and you should feel the effects in 2-3 days. If it is creatine monohydrate you should load for one week at approx 10g per day (5g preworkout, 5g postworkout) then drop it to 5g a day after for the next few weeks.

Most guys I know who take creatine take it 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off, but it is not a hard rule. Just helps to get your body used to not having it all the time and still keeping your size (plus, it is nice not to have that bloated feeling sometimes...).

I started taking it about a month ago and it got me over some platues on my lifts. Big word of warning though, DRINK A LOT OF WATER. You want to be dripping like this guy ---> :drool: . I wasn't drinking enough water at first and I got wicked bad headaches! Also, do not take it with orange juice, and do not drink ANY carbonated drinks. Those two things will kill your creatine. Grape juice is supposed to be really good to work with creatine though, so go get your Welch's. :tu: