1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Creatine making me ill ?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by virtualadrian, Aug 6, 2007.

1. virtualadrian

virtualadrian Active Member

Ok this is kinda weird... however I started taking

http://www.mri-performance.com/anabolic-switch.html

MRI Anabolic Switch Creatine, has 7 kinds of creatine ... bla bla. Every time I do it, I get explosively ill... it acts as a powerfull laxative/gas creator... gross I know... but has anyone else had this problem? Is the stuff At Large sells better? Is this a temporary problem? I even did 1/3 of the dose it recomments... even less than that actually because I take a PreWO stack which has creatine ( Superpump 250, which never made me sick ), so I only do the MRI stuff PWO. Well 1 serving PWO is half what they tell you to do since they want pre and post. That 1 serving rips my stomach to shreds! So I took only 1 scoop stead of the 3 it needs for 1 serving... still ripped my stomach up! :bang:

2. droopy172

droopy172 Active Member

Your body might not be responding well to the different types of creatine. Who knows which one it could be? Also, I've used Cell Tech before which is just dex, creatine mono and whatever else they put in there and that rips apart my stomach. When I take plain old creatine mono and mix it in my protein shake with dex and oatmeal my stomach is fine. I suggest you stop using it and try just creatine mono or the other creatine products on its own so at least you know what your not responding to well. It could be the artificial flavors that are doing it as well.

3. virtualadrian

That makes sense, the PreWO thing I take has just Creatine Mono in it and my stomach handles that just fine... sucks I got 2 cans of this crap... it was Buy 1 Get 1 lol. Oh well ...

4. chang

chang Well-Known Member

Is there an expiry date on the tubs at all? It might be expired, talking from experience here. Last time I purchased product online and it was buy 1 get 1 free it was because they were trying to get rid of expired product.

5. droopy172

droopy172 Active Member

Oh man that would suck so bad if they sold you an expired product imagine if it were a whey product PHEW would it smell bad.

6. virtualadrian

That is a really good question. One thing I noticed is that one of the cans ( one that I am using atm ) looks way different than the other. Maybe that one is older... I am going to check that when I get home but if they sold me expired crap I am going to hunt someone down! :mad:

I don't think I can even begin to explain some of the issues I've had lol, I mean I would be livid if that was expired and not just my body reacting weird.

7. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

You only need one type of creatine -- plain old monohydrate. Claims that other types of creatine are more effective are questionable at best.

8. virtualadrian

Heh, that is good to know, because I don't react to that.

On another note I checked the expiration date and it is 12 / 2008 , so it is not expired, it is just kicking my ... abs :) I'd hate to see what this stuff would do to someone w. a weak stomach.... eek! My wife calls me the bottomless pit because I can eat pretty much anything and not get sick... but this stuff has worked me over for over a week...

9. goonie

goonie Active Member

At 140 calories and 30g of carbs per serving, there's a lot more than creatine going into your system with that product. The extra ingridients are more likely causing your problems. I'd look for a straight creatine product. Cost per serving should be less as well.

10. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

I make sure to use CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester) as the uptake of this substance is far better than that of the outdated Monohydrate of the 90's. Monohydrate bloats the hell out of me, makes me hold water between the skin and muscles, blurs definition, gives me gas, and does little to nothing for strength gains. However, CEE kicks ass, no bloat, no water retention, no gas, nothing at all.

Popular ready made preparations are CellMass by BSN and CEX by VPX.
    I use both with great success and love how full it keeps me with my skin being paper thin just as it should be. No reason to bloat and waste your money and product when you can obtain something that is absorbed fully and doesn't take away from your lean look. (if one is very lean already)
    I still have a full set of abs, obliques, etc., and that would never be possible with me and monohydrate.

~SC~