1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Craigslist Deal Gone Tragically Wrong

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by carguy, Dec 9, 2013.

1. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

I assume this story has made national news but I wanted to share it to warn everyone to be very cautious when making these transactions and arriving with cash.

The murdered young man was someone I knew. His wife Jamie used to work with me as a graphic designer and her mother is one of the other BodyPump instructors at my gym. She asked me to sub her class last Wednesday night but I didn't find out until later that it was her son-in-law that had been murdered over a Craigslist deal.

Jim and Jamie have a one-year old son. I had the opportunity to meet him this summer when Jamie dropped in to say hi. I had met Jim when he was on leave from Iraq and came in to visit Jamie.

Jamie is now a free-lance photographer and the photography community has really come together to support the family. A fund that was set up to help out the family by a fellow photographer has already exceeded its original goal of raising $10,000 and is now up to $70,000.

This is so sad and pointless.

http://www.youcaring.com/other/love-and-support-for-jamie-and-gavin/113760

2. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

3. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

An absolutely terrible situation.

5. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

This is the definition of awful. Hell isn't hot enough for some people.