1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Couple Questions

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by AndrewJones, Feb 13, 2004.

1. AndrewJones

AndrewJones Well-Known Member

Im just wondering, about a couple of things.

1. In regards to appearance, i noticed that some people have a few different things that concern me. The first thing is, some people seem to have a "split" between there pectorals, where their sternum is. Is there anyway to change that Or is that a genetic issue. The other issue is a little more complex to explain:

I have ribs that seem to go out farther than people i see pictured on the internet, perhaps because im so thin, thats why i think this, but you can seem my bottom rib always poking out a little bit. What i was wondering is for someone like me can i possibly look like a fitness inclined person?

This is what i want to be similar too (you have to keep refeshing the site as the pictures cycle: its the guy with the white boxer briefs, and the denim shirt). http://www.fruit.com/ftlhomepage.cfm Would that be impossible for someone thin like myself? would my ribs interfere?

Thanks

2. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Hi Andrew,

That split in your chest is where the pectorals insert into the sternum. As you develop your chest it will become more obvious. IF you want ot concetrate on the area do some and kind of closed grip presses. (eg closed grip bench press).

I wouldnt worry about your ribs, you can achieve the fitness model look, except it would be yout own individual look at the same time. I sometimes think similar things, I look at my abs and they seem sort of dispoportioned and unbalanced but then I remember this will change as I further develop my them.

You sound like an ectomorph so once you get a bit more mass on your frame your ribs wont seem as obvious.

Now stop looking at yourself and your ribs in the mirror :flex: and get back inot the gym :db: :D

Marcus :tu: