1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cottage Cheese and Banana

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by :: kna ::, Mar 25, 2004.

1. :: kna ::

:: kna :: Well-Known Member

I've taken to eating lowfat Cottage Cheese by the bucketload, (well 500g over 2-3 days.. which is buckets in comparison to how I used to eat) but I find I can't eat it without chopped banana.

I usually have it either post-workout or about an hour before bed (I also use it when I'm stuck for something to eat to keep my metabolism up). I know that the CC is fine for this kind of thing, however is the banana a major no-no? I more mean so much so that it would negate the effect of the CC.

It'd be just my luck that one thing I'm dead happy with eating which is supposed to be good for you is scuppered by my banana fad :drool:

2. John WB

John WB Well-Known Member

What brand of cottage chesse do you buy? The Pathmark I shop at has their Pathmark brand, Axelrod, and Breakstone. Just curious what kind you have. Also, is the modified food starch in cottage cheese bad? Hoping you know since you seem to eat a lot of it.

3. taffer

taffer Well-Known Member

banana's have a higher-GI than most fruits, i think its about 70 or so, so its great post-workout, the other times, not as good...

personally i like mixing cottage cheese with tuna or oats

4. :: kna ::

:: kna :: Well-Known Member

As I'm in the UK, we'll be on totally different brands.. I buy Sainsbury's Low Fat CC, which is about as much as I know about it so someone else would be better answering your question.
    I tried it with Tuna, in fact tried it 'savoury' and just didn't get on with it.. I could eat it but it felt more like a chore than a meal. I definately think for me to stomach it at all I need to have it on the 'dessert' side. :)

5. John WB

John WB Well-Known Member

You could sprinkle some cinammon on it and have it with an apple and some all natural peanut butter(EFA). Yummy!