1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Avatars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Krypto, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Krypto

Krypto Well-Known Member

So many of you have such cool avatars. Where'd you get 'em and what meaning/significance, if any, do they have?

I'm a Superman fan, so I chose his canine companion: Krypto, the Superdog.

2. Banditfist

Banditfist Well-Known Member

I stole mine off another message board that I frequent. No relevance, I just thought it was cool to have a 3D avatar.

3. J-Man

J-Man Well-Known Member

I found this little animated picture on the web, and just liked it so I used it, Its eyecatching to me

4. The Mike

The Mike Well-Known Member

Every time I went into the supplements forums I always thought of Weight Gain 5000 (or whatever it was called) from South Park, so I found this Cartman pic :p

5. unlevel

unlevel Well-Known Member

I'm sure that the "cool avatar" was reference to mine :p

Got mine off the net, google, I believe...

About mine: from calvin and hobbes, the greatest comics in the world, too bad the writer decided to quit making them... :(

6. Douglas

Douglas Well-Known Member

"We want to rebuild him, but we don't want to spend a lot of money..."

Seemed appropriate for me on this forum. The usual one I use elsewhere is my Jackalope...

[​IMG]

7. GM Enthusiast

GM Enthusiast Well-Known Member

That certainly can't be true, since mine is cooler! :tu:

Anyone that knows me knows that I am a huge LA Kings nut, so mine makes good sense. Hockey is a big part of my motivation too, since a small part of the reason I am getting fit is to be a better (amateur league) player.

8. Mahdimael

Mahdimael Well-Known Member

I just used the default Doom guy. But hey! It's Doom- is there anything cooler than the double-barreled shotgun? ;)

9. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

I like orchids. I did a Google image search for orchids.

10. honu*girl

honu*girl Well-Known Member

Not sure if you were referring to me ;) But mine was another google search - It was already shaded and everything.

Honu = sea turtle in hawaiian ; hence the user name as well. I also have a sea turtle tattoo on my lower back. I got it the day after I snorkeled with sea turtles in Maui. Next time, I'm going to be in great shape when I go!

11. daveo

daveo Well-Known Member

Oh mine's easy -- it's a picture of me!

Hah! Beat that! :D

12. Sheepish

Sheepish Well-Known Member

Yea, ditto, mine's a pic of me. Cloned my right trap ('s bigger) on to my left side, widened my tri's and again copied my right bicep on to my left... plus various touch-ups to make it all fit in :)

13. BusyChild

BusyChild Well-Known Member

14. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

Because the STi is the ugliest sports car that will whoop you in a race, E V E R! :spaz:

15. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

my avatar is one of my favourite pictures of myself and a chimp I got to know well Louzolo.

It was taken in Congo when I was working in the forest with Chimps for a project that helped get previously captive chimps back into the forest.

The Chimp on my shoulders is Louzolo. He was only three. When I arrived he was missing, we assumed he has been killed by a panther. However we found him 1 week later clinging to a tree with wounds all over his body and covered with dirt. We took him back to camp and he was stiched up but he had to spend the next two weeks in a cage so he could rehabilitate properly. He was afraid of being alone so someone had to be in the cage with him 24 hours. Over the next two weeks I spent about 10 hours a day in the cage with him and we developed a really strong relationship.

The photo was taken only a couple of days after he got out and he was really happy. We were walking out into the forest and he didnt want to walk on his own so he insisted on sitting on my shoulders.

That was two years ago and I'm told he is doing fine. The young males always face the threat of being killed by other males so I'm glad hes still alive. If he survives the next few years he'll probably grow up to be an alpha male.

Marcus :tucool:

16. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

That was the coolest avatar story ever. :nod: :tu:

17. Fudgam

Fudgam Well-Known Member

Ive always thought the skit on SNL when Chris Farley was auditioning for Chipendales(i spell that right?) was absolutely hilarious. I looked for it and other farley things on a site that had a bunch of buddy icons for instant messengers.

18. SLUDGE

SLUDGE Well-Known Member

I started a small hobbyist game company called Frogtoss Games. I make 2D shareware games on my free time using an engine I programmed from scratch. The frog is the logo.

19. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

ditto

20. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

I love candy

:) I LOVE CANDY :eek: