1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Consistent April Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Buster, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Buster

Buster Active Member

Great to hear you had a good week of exercise Doug.

I last worked out on Wednesday 22nd. I had a great day of eating and a really good workout.

The next day, though, I awoke with a really high fever and severe diarrhoea. :o I spent most of that day in bed, drank lots of water and barely ate more than a piece of toast. That went on for a few days, and only now am I finally getting back to something resembling a normal diet. Annoying.

Well, hopefully I can start eating properly and working out next week...

2. TooMuch

TooMuch Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Well, that rules out them squats, I guess.. :whistle:

3. Buster

Buster Active Member

Says who? Dark shorts, my friend :lol:

Am concentrating on getting the diet back towards normal today and I think I'll go to the gym tomorrow, so long as I feel a little more settled than today.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I gave up alcohol from 21st April to 21st May. My girlfriend's pretty disappointed, and has emotionally blackmailed me to agree to have a mouthful of her wine if we're out, to which I agreed. At least then I can share in the taste without actually drinking a glass. :lol:

4. TooMuch

TooMuch Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :spitcoffee: Now, THAT's hardcore old style training.

5. Buster

Buster Active Member

Damn straight. "No stain, no gain"! :lol:

6. Doug Miles

Doug Miles Well-Known Member

I disagree. That would be a shitty workout! :lol:

7. Buster

Buster Active Member

Update for April 28, 2009

Work out 3 days a week: Worked out today. On the right track for the week.

Increase workout intensity: Felt a little tired today. Still need to get around to doing that gym playlist for my iPod :(

Eat 5 or 6 small meals a day: I've had four so far, and will have my fifth in about 30-45mins. Maybe a quick snack before bed too.

Cook more meals from scratch: Not a good start to the week! All packaged so far. Been busy.

Limit alcohol consumption to a minimum: Not had anything more than a mouthful of my girlfriend's glass since April 21.

Sleep 6-8 hours a night: Hopefully should get around 7 hours tonight.

8. Doug Miles

Buster, looks like you're doing pretty good now. Way to go on reducing alcohol consumption. That's a tough one sometimes. Have you ever tried supplementing with anything for workout intensity? I am using Universal Shock Therapy, and my workouts are far more intense now.

Update for April 28, 2009

Weight train 3 days a week: Off day for lifting

Cardio 3 days a week: 40 minutes on cross trainer at the gym (HIIT). Probably lost 5 pounds of sweat, great workout.

Sleep 8 hours a night: 6 hours of sleep, ugh! But, I managed to get up at 5:00 am to lift.

Drink at least a gallon of water each day: Still having trouble with this for some reason.

Eat at least 150g of protein each day: Had about 100g.

Keep cheats to a minimum: No cheats![/QUOTE]

9. Doug Miles

April has come and gone. I give myself a grade of C- for this challenge. Some things I really need to work on as far as consistency. Buster, I will continue in a May Consistency Challenge if you want.

Update for April 29 and April 30, 2009

Weight train 3 days a week: Lifted on April 29, pretty intense!

Cardio 3 days a week: 40 minutes on cross trainer (HIIT) on April 30. Another great workout.

Sleep 8 hours a night: 6 hours of sleep on April 29 and April 30. I'm surprised I have ANY energy in the morning.

Drink at least a gallon of water each day: Still trying to remember to drink, drink, drink.

Eat at least 150g of protein each day: Probably only had 50 grams each day.

Keep cheats to a minimum: Had a few chips, not too bad overall.

10. Buster

Buster Active Member

I've not posted for a while, but things have finally been going well for me :)

For the last 2 weeks, my workouts have been going well. I haven't missed any, and intensity levels have been good. My weights have been consistently increasing.

My diet and sleep have also been good. I tried to cut out alcohol totally for a month. I didn't quite manage it - on 2 occasions I drank. But when I drank, I didn't drink so much. So, I think by taking a strict stance on alcohol, I've managed to lower my intake anyway. In turn, my diet has been better. I hope I can maintain this occasional drinking attitude.

I'm up for extending the challenge to May. Shall I create a new thread, Doug? Hope you are on track.