1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Condiments

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by jhuyser, Dec 21, 2010.

1. jhuyser

jhuyser Active Member

When doing a cut diet, does anyone use any condiments that may be deemed alright to dip chicken in? Chicken gets mighty boring.

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Sriracha (if you like hot stuff) is incredible. I just put a dollop on my plate and dip the chicken breast bites in it.

3. jhuyser

jhuyser Active Member

I do enjoy Siracha.. any other ideas, anyone ??? trying to get as many ideas so i can go through with a real cut, and not get bored..

I do appreciate the reply thou John

4. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

Home made tzatziki.

5. spatzcat_11

spatzcat_11 Active Member

Franks Red hot...mmmmm.....and greek yogurt.

6. TrueBDB

TrueBDB Active Member

Spicy brown mustard

7. jasarsenault

jasarsenault Active Member

I like spreading either whole grain mustard or honey mustard on my chicken breast before baking. Tastes great!

8. Blinkbear

Blinkbear Well-Known Member

It's not calorie-free (but it might as well be) but I like to use Reduced Sugar ketchup (catsup, whatever). It's only 5 calories per tablespoon as opposed to 15 or 20 for the regular stuff and, to me, it tastes better. I don't sweat the calories in it because it's negligible to me. I only use 2-3 tbsp at a time. If you're a ketchup freak and have to put half a cup+ on everything then I would steer clear.

Also, can't go wrong with salsa. Throw some on the breasts and into the oven they go.

9. JetGirl

JetGirl Well-Known Member

Mmm, I have to go with John. I usually use a ton of Siracha or whatever hot sauce is available to me. Makes chicken or tinned tuna (if I'm feeling extremely lazy) very tasty!

10. Sparx88

Sparx88 Well-Known Member

Cholula hot sauce
    Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce
    Tabasco Chipolte
    Tabasco Habenero
    Tabasco Garlic
    McCormick Grilling Seasoning....Lots of varitires

11. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

There is also tons of stuff you can put on the chicken prior to cooking, like franks seasoning salt or "1 Step Chicken" or whatever.

12. Shpedly

Shpedly Active Member

For broiled chicken breast, I'm a sucker for any of Prudommes seasonings. Seafood Majic, Redfish Majic and best of all Steak Majic. The Prudommes season is lower in sodium than most other stuff like Chatchieres (sp). You can mix the seasoning or some hot sauce into some fat free yogurt and have a very satisfing dipping sauce. Reduced fat mayo is great for the same thing, but of course your dancin with the devil at that point. I love Franks hot sauce but its loaded with sodium. I have high blood pressure and can actually feel the pressure build behind my eyes after eating that stuff. Same goes for pickled Jalapenos.

For bland steamed vegis, my all time favorite is Srirachi or sambal oelek mixed with red wine vinegar. Just sprinkle and toss. Sure adds some zing and spice to those drab vegis without adding the salt or calories.

The red wine vinegar is also great for extending those fat free but certainly not calorie free salad dressings. Add a little vinegar and you will be very satisfied using only a Tbls of dressing on a large salad.

Thats Eds food spicing up tip for the day.