1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

CL117 vs Fluogen

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Fluogen, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

It seems like a great diet, but I have a hard time believing that you'll continue to enjoy your meals after 2 months. Is it enough variety for you? I hope you really like chicken breasts.

The main reason people fail to lose fat over an extended period of time, or the reason they put back weight after losing it, is that they chose a diet that was so strict or lacking in calories that they couldn't possibly stick to it, and once they cheat, they really cheat.

Do you have cheat days?

2. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

I have my mind set on losing the weight. I have not gone off thus far, and to be honest..i actually like the meals I have been eating. I do have 1 cheat meal a week.

3. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

then you've got the right diet. If you stick to that for the next 9 weeks you should show great progress without a doubt. good luck.

4. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

Hey all...just wanted to let everyone know that our "half way" pictures will be posted soon. So check back....

:tu:

5. rrosa3

rrosa3 Well-Known Member

Hi guys I saw this competition and looks like you are doing great. I agree this board and the people here are wonderful motivational tools. Hats off to you guys!! :nod:

Any new updates? Perhaps some updated pics

rr

6. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Pics will be coming soon (within a day or so).

Thus far I have dropped about 10lbs since the beginning of the challenge. I have def gained some muscle too, I feel a bit stronger each week. I actually took my update pics last night and I dont really see much of a difference. I think it may be a little too soon. I plan to measure my BF% tonight, so I will post that after the pics get up. I hope this last leg of the challenge shows some good progress as well. I have been on track with everything except cardio thus far. I just seem to be too busy and too tired to get up early and do it. I stay very active to make up fir it, but im sure I would have seen even better results if I was able to pick up the cardio a bit. Once or twice a week is just not enough. Between this challenege and a vacation I have planned for September 9th...I should be motivated to kick it into high gear for these last few weeks!! :claplow:

7. Fluogen

Fluogen Well-Known Member

Pics will be posted tomorrow. I had camera issues but they have been resolved and I'll take pics in the morning. Sorry for the delay.

I'm not expecting much progress myself. I wasn't that great with my diet and then I had to take the last two weeks off. I got back to the gym today but won't be lifting for at least another week until my hand gets better. I'll post more about that tomorrow and maybe I'll take a pic of it for you all to enjoy. ;)

8. Fluogen

Here are the mid-way pics

CL117 __ Vs. __ Fluogen

.:: Mid-way Photos ::.

CL117
    • Front:
      [​IMG]
    • Front Flexed:
      [​IMG]
    • Profile:
      [​IMG]
    • Back:
      [​IMG]

Fluogen
    • Front:
      [​IMG]
    • Front Flexed:
      [​IMG]
    • Profile:
      [​IMG]
    • Back:
      [​IMG]

We will each post our current stats later.

9. Fluogen

Well, as I said before posting the pics I didn't expect much change and I was right. My current weight is 241 and my body fat is around 32%. This is because of two things. First, I didn't eat like I should at the start of the comp. I was working out and exercising every day but I just couldn't get on track with the diet.

The second thing was a prolonged time off. Two weeks ago was supposed to be an off week from both working out and work. I was going to use this time to let my body rest and to refocus on my diet. Unfortunately I cut my hand pretty badly on Sunday the 18th and went in for stitches. This would have been enough but I developed an infection that put me in the hospital from Thursday the 22nd to Saturday the 24th.

Even if my hand had felt okay last week I was too tired to do anything. So those two weeks were a complete waste. The first week my hand hurt too bad to cook so I ate out way too much and last week I was too tired to exercise.

I'm back on track now though. I'm back in the gym focusing on cardio until the cut heals all the way. Where it is located keeps me from gripping too tightly, making lifting impossible. If I grip too tightly the cut reopens.

Here are a couple of pics from this morning of the cut in case anyone is interested. It was really hard to take a pic of my right hand with the camera in my left so this was the best I could do.

Cut hand 1
    Cut hand 2

10. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

I have lost roughly 10 lbs since the first pics. In a couple of the poses, I can see a change, not as much as I would have liked though. I guess thats my fault. I kind of fell off the cardio wagon for a while. So any progress I made was from a strict diet and lifting weights, so I really can't complain. I def feel stronger and have more energy. I plan to really buckle down for this last home stretch of the contest. When all is said and done, if I can lose any more fat at all, I will be happy. I will be measuring my BF% by the end of this week.. I will post the results ASAP.

Fluogen...I can def see a positive difference in some of your pics...especially your back pose. GL..and hope your injury doesnt slow you down much longer.

#30 CL117, Aug 3, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  11. Fluogen

Update: Competition Extended

This was supposed to be the end of our comp but due to the fact that both of us have been sidetracked by other things recently we have extended things for one month.

I know that I am back on track in the gym and am working hard on getting my diet under control. My goal right now is to get to 220 by Thanksgiving. That may be pushing things a bit but I think it is doable. Hopefully it will be noticeable in the pics next month.

I'll post some current stats later when I have a bit more time.

12. Fluogen

Quick update: I've lost 3.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. :D

This past weekend I cheated quite a bit or I would have lost more but I'm happy with what I've done so far. Things just seem to be clicking for me once again and it feels great.

I'm still pushing to make my Thanksgiving goal despite the slow start. I really want this though so I'm going to make it happen.