1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

CL117 vs Fluogen

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Fluogen, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Fluogen

Fluogen Well-Known Member

CL117 __ Vs. __ Fluogen

.:: Competition Outline ::.
    • 11 Weeks (21-JUN-2004 through 06-SEP-2004)
    • Winner Judged by forum members based on Overall Composition Change.
    • Photo updates (3 Flexed - 3 Unflexed) on 21-JUN-2004, 30-JUL-2004, 06-SEP-2004

.:: Contender Starting Stats ::.

CL117
    • Height:5'11"
    • Weight:238
    • BF%:23
    Fluogen
    • Height:5'10"
    • Weight:242
    • BF%:32

.:: Starting Photos ::.

CL117
    • Front:
      [​IMG][​IMG]
    • Profile:
      [​IMG][​IMG]
    • Back:
      [​IMG][​IMG]

Contender2
    • Front:
      [​IMG][​IMG]
    • Profile:
      [​IMG][​IMG]
    • Back:
      [​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry for the pics being a bit uneven in size but to get them to fit side by side that is what I needed to do. More info to be posted later.

#1 Fluogen, Jun 21, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  2. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Fluogen!

Good luck, and lets lose some fat! :nod:

3. Fluogen

Now for a bit about my goals with this. First and foremost is to lose the fat. I have a solid foundation of muscle that is being hidden by the fat. Particularly my gut and the wattle (which was hidden by a goatee until last week) need to go.

I've been lifting 5 days a week doing the Max-OT program. I try to get cardio in in the evenings a few times a week. This is usually the ellipitical machine but I also play racquetball once a week and I count mowing the lawn as a workout the way I do it.

My biggest weakness is diet. Of course this is also the most important thing for me to watch if I want to lose the fat. I'm hoping this competition provides the motivation that I can't seem to get anywhere else.

4. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

Goal:

I feel I have some decent muscle mass and just really need to shed the fat. I am using this competition to push myself to reach my goals. I would like to be in 210lbs range while retaining my current muscle by Labor day.

Training:

I workout 4 times a week, using Max OT style workouts. I lift weights at night and do low intenisty cardio in the morning (as many times a week as I can, usally 3-4).

Diet:

Up until about 2 weeks ago, I always "tried" to eat clean, but I never had a set plan. Now I have constructed a concrete plan, and have been following it for the past week. I feel that this competition will give me the motivation to stick with it.

5. Robert28

Robert28 Well-Known Member

Good luck, guys! Wish I had read about your challenge earlier because I'm at 238 and I would've loved to have been in on it.

6. Fabian

Fabian Guest

Wow, this match looks like the start of an epic battle...cant wait to see how it progresses, :gl: both of ya.

7. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

From the looks of things, you both might end up with some really impressive biceps by the time this is done. :flex:

8. TheLemonSong

TheLemonSong Well-Known Member

Right on guys! This is going to be a GREAT one to watch!!

9. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

I hope my biceps grow..although I never seem to get good results in my bicep. Most of the size in my arm is actually from my tricep.

#9 CL117, Jun 21, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  10. AMR

AMR Well-Known Member

RIGHT ON guys! This is going to be a good one. Both of you already have so much muscle. I'll be checking in on a regular basis for this one.

Good Luck! :db:

11. Fluogen

I have decent biceps (and rather large tris) but there is so much fat the skin just goes straight from my shoulder to my elbow taking away any definition. All the more reason to lose weight. :)

Thanks for the interest already, everyone. This is definitely going to be fun.

12. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

I second that. Thanks everybody!

13. Nico

Nico Well-Known Member

This is a clash of giants!

14. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

So...some evil person :mad: brought in a box of Dunkin Doughnut Munchkins to my job today. These things are even worse than regular doughnuts bc they look so small and harmless and they are so easy to grab as you walk by without any1 seeing. I would rather see the big regular kind bc there is no way in hell that I would think about eating a whole dougnut. Anyway, after scoping these things about 10 times after they were set down at the only entrance/exit to my office, I reached for one. Just before my hand touched that sugary frosted coating, I rememberd this competition and snapped out of the hypnotic hold they had me in.

I hope nobody saw me throw them in the garbage either! :tu:

There is def. something about the thought of pics of your overweight body posted on a public message board that does wonders for your diet!!! :claplow: :claphigh: :claplow: :claphigh: :claplow:

15. Fluogen

The workouts are going well but I still have no willpower when it comes to food. I am eating a lot better but I still have a lot of work to do. I think I will wind up down a couple by the end of the week but I really am making things harder on myself.

I was supposed to go to Baltimore this weekend but that fell through. That is both good and bad. Bad because I really need to get away, even for just a weekend. Good because I would have had way too much to eat and drink.

I'm taking tomorrow off anyway so I won't post again until some time this weekend probably. I'll still hit the gym in the morning and I hope to get a round of golf in in the afternoon.

16. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

I have decided to post a typical day of my diet. I know its rather boring but it changes from day to day. This is just what I happened to have yesterday. Please let me know what you think.

Meal 1:
    1 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop ATW protein blend

Meal 2:
    1 chciken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup mixed veggies

Meal 3:
    2 cups lettuce, 1 chicken breast, 1 tbs oil & vinegar

Meal 4:
    1 chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup veggies

Meal 5:
    1 cod steak, 1 cup mixed veggies, 1 cup lettuce, 1tbs fat free italian

Meal 6:
    1 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbs almond butter

the totals from fitday:
    2298 cals, 255 prot, 192 carbs, 53 fat

works out to:
    48%p / 30%c / 22%f

PLEASE CRITIQUE :tu:

Edit: i forget to add that I have a PWO shake (whey,dex,malto) in between meals 4 & 5 on workout days but I dont count that into my totals.

#16 CL117, Jun 24, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2004
  17. Fluogen

Week 2 Stats:

Weight: 240 (-2 for the week)
    BF%: 31.67 (down .33%)

Not too bad considering I didn't eat like I should have. I'll try harder this week and see what happens. This weekend could be tough. A 3 day weekend with my kids doesn't lend itself to eating well easily. Luckily they like to eat healthy foods too.

18. IronPhoenix

IronPhoenix Well-Known Member

I think that diet is going to take you far. I'd say it's pretty damn good by any standard.

If all that lettuce is icerberg maybe it'd be better to switch it up for spinach (Which also tastes great with chicken/rice) just to add some more good stuff in there - though you do seem to be getting veggies elsewhere.

But definitely, that's a winner I'd say.

19. CL117

CL117 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to give an update...

On 7/3/04 I weighed in at about 228 (10 lbs down), but after the big 4th of July bash I had, I weighed myself today and I was at 234. I hope thats just water weight and whatever else I consumed this past weekend. Aside from a great party and seeing all my friends and family, I was notified of some bad news this weekend. Someone stole my credit card and charged $2000 worth of stuff. So that put a bit of a damper on the holiday. I hope to hit the gym hard today and workout some of the frustration :mad:

#19 CL117, Jul 6, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2004
  20. Fluogen

Weekly update:

Weight: 239 (down 1 this week, 3 for the comp)
    BF: 33.663% (unchanged for the week)

Down one pound on a not so good week. This weekend was tough on the diet but I kept moving which saved me. Any downward movement of the number is okay with me though.

I was able to increase the weight on just about everything I did last week in the gym. That made me feel good. I can't believe how much strength I've gained in the last couple of months, it keeps me excited about going to work out.

I've also been running (jogging/walking, really) two nights a week. It feels good to run even if I can't make it far before having to stop and walk. I can do almost 2 miles jogging during the 5 mile loop my friend and I do. Much more than I thought I would be able to accomplish.

CL117, I wouldn't worry about the weight. I'm sure it will drop off as quickly as it came. The credit card things sucks though. Good luck straightening it all out.