1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Chicken

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by mastover, May 19, 2012.

1. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Here we go:
    Ingredients:

1 12.5oz can of Tyson Premium Chunk White Chicken Breast

3-5 large leaves of romaine lettuce hearts

A dash of Old Bay

A drizzle of Kikoman Soy Sauce

Instructions:

pull 3-5 leaves from the romaine lettuce heart, cut off the white portion, leaving the big leafy green portion
    Split the can of chicken among the leaves
    add a dash of old bay to each leaf
    drizzle a little of soy sauce on each leaf

300 calories
    5g fat
    0g carbs
    65g protein

Nicely Filling and EASY to make! I prefer NOT to wrap them. I like to eat them as you would a hot dog in a bun.

Cost = a smidge over $2 for the entire meal

This is FANTASTIC for any time, especially for dieting bodybuilders, and is quite filling. For my hardcore clients, you can make this and add whole eggs as long as your meet your macro requirements by day's end. :)

For hard dieters, you can eat this 2-4 times per day.
    I love canned chicken. Convenient, tasty and convenient when you need protein! A great substitute for canned or pouched tuna.

Enjoy!

2. FetteredApe

FetteredApe Active Member

I'm going to try this. Thanks!

3. FetteredApe

FetteredApe Active Member

Tried it and liked it! I am going to be eating this a lot more, it is so easy to make, thanks! :eat:

4. Polski

Polski Well-Known Member

Aram, canned chicken is high in sodium no? Is it really that healthy to consume multiple times a day? I feel like I don't know enough about watching sodium.

5. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Excess sodium is only a problem if you have high blood pressure or a family history of it. Other than that, sodium is a critically important mineral for the active person involved with sports, lifting, cardio, and other strenuous activities like construction or any other activity. Sodium is also very anabolic assisting in muscle gains. I don't put a limit on sodium with my body building clients unless they have the aforementioned with the family history or personal issues. I also keep sodium high during the final week leading into a show. Sodium, in my opinion, is much more important than water intake the final week into a body building or figure show. I also like to keep water high, as well.

You can also make this recipe with fresh chicken breast if you wish. :)