1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Chicken Breasts? How'd you like yours?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by shuu, Nov 28, 2010.

1. shuu

shuu Active Member

Hi guys,

I have seriously run out of ways to cook chicken breasts, though they cost ridculously cheap over here.

How do you like your chicken breasts cooked?

Don't have an oven here though which is pretty crap. I could only pan fry it, stir-fry it or microwave it. I even tried to boil it once, although it came out taste like crap. :spaz:

2. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

Depends on my mood.

Heavily seasoned and grilled is good. If you don't have a BBQ I guess this might be okay in a grill pan. I know pork chops are fine in a grill pan.

Or I'll chop them up and make up a rice,lentil etc stew. Simple enough and all the bits I add are healthy.

3. angryviking

angryviking Active Member

I think boneless skinless chicken breasts take fairly well to steaming. Get a smallish multicooker from Wallyworld. There's a main pot with a thick base for direct placement on the stovetop, a secondary pot for double boiling I guess, and a third pot with a perforated bottom for steaming. I like to put a bunch of black pepper on my chicken and throw it in the steamer with some broccoli and fresh spinach and steam it all together.

4. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

I George Foreman grill mine

5. sevenatenine

sevenatenine Active Member

marinated in soya sauce and italian dressing overnight. I marinate 10 at a time usually and store them in the freezer in individual baggies until I'm hungry.

6. Orange85Black

Orange85Black Active Member

Baked with pepper. Good stuff.

7. Blinkbear

Blinkbear Well-Known Member

I like to buy them 10lbs at a time. Divide them up into about 3-4 quart bags and dump whatever marinades in them that I wanna use (hot sauce is a favorite) then pop them right into the freezer. Then I just take them out as I need, throw'em in the fridge to marinate as they thaw and then cook. I like to grill them more often than not for the extra flavor but with the snow this time of year grilling isn't so fun so I just do them up in a pan on the stove.

8. huxald

huxald Well-Known Member

The key to boiling is to boil it to the point where the water almost evaporates completely...then add whatever spice you want and let the remaining water become the sauce. It's awesome. Spicy Masala is pretty good, but the flavours are limitless...please it adds 0 oil.