1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheated with Sweets real bad last night.

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Strona, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Strona

Strona Well-Known Member

Last night i had the biggest sweet tooth EVER, i havent touched anything resembling chocholate in like 2.5 weeks and my defences gave way.

I ate...

2 x 50g portions of Coffee Crisp Bars
    20 x Rold Gold Pretzels
    60-65 x Jelly Beans (Kirkland Small Gourmet ones) SP
    70 grams Beef Jerky

I felt super guilty for doing so, and my stomach hurt a little after, i felt like going and just throwing it all up but decided the damage was done and the next day will bring good things to the table again.

I weighed myself today in the morning and noticed i dropped a pound from my last weigh in. This is very odd, i would think a cheat of this calliber would hinder my weight loss ?

ANother thing, even with all those sweets, my carb intake and pool was:

2680 / 4460 so i was still in deficit by quite a bit. This is also the correct information, i use fit day to track everything i eat and i enter a lot of custom foods into it.

2. BD231

BD231 Well-Known Member

Your body is not going to stop eating itself from one binge dude, you'd need to refeed in order to start the anabolic cycle again.

Don't worry about the cheat, you're going to have to go through a withdrawl of the sorts. You may feel like sh*t for the next few days to few weeks depending on how sensitive your body is to refined foods and sh*t you shouldn't be eating.

Brush it off and start off strong dude. You'll last even longer next time around staying away from sweets. Train yourself to get off the sugar bro, saying no to sugar can make or break an endomorphs dieting efforts!!!! If your moral is low right now and you feel like crap 24/7 right now you may want to switch to a matainence plan until your ready to start dieting again. Take it slow and always remember making the right choice is always your #1 goal.

3. Strona

Strona Well-Known Member

You're right, the world didnt end. Life goes on, and so does my diet. Thanks a ton for the words of motivation, much appreciated.

4. super_supreme_please

super_supreme_please Well-Known Member

one meal won't make you thin
    and one meal won't make you fat

life goes on
    in fact , it's good to cheat
    the anger afterwards makes you follow your diet better..

5. Sturm

Sturm Well-Known Member

I'd be more worried about that desire to go and throw it up.

Don't fall into the trap of an eating disorder, its best to start banishing those thoughts of guilt and purging - the goal of a healthier lifestyle and greater fitness is admirable, but don't obsess and feel shameful before you start walking a road thats best left untread.....

6. robg

robg Well-Known Member

wow i bet you gained 20 lbs, fattay

7. jtchen22

jtchen22 Well-Known Member

give the guy some encouragement. not everybody as fit as you, carl lewis. i bet you're a regular lance armstrong, ain't you?

okay, i apologize, but that's how it sounds coming from the other end. if anything, you should be HAPPY he is feeling guilty. how many unhealthy, overweight people out there have no guilt whatsoever and just shovel piles of crap down their hatches on a daily basis without any consideration to the health consequences of what they're doing to their body?

the guilt is a good thing. just use it to spur the motivation to stay on track. remember, a cheat meal is a cheat meal. it's not the end of the world, and it helps you stay sane. there are tons of delicious, wonderful tasting/smelling/looking foods out there, and they should be enjoyed as a reward every now and then. that's how you can enjoy life a little.

of course, you could be hardcore about it and be training for a bodybuilding competition/sporting contest/losing weight/etc, and eat a strict diet, but i'm pretty sure everybody strays just a little bit. just stay on track, look towards today and tomorrow, and keep up the work you were doing before your sweet tooth hit.

i just hope you brushed your teeth last night, because i'm sure a dentist's bill hits a lot harder than a sweet tooth ;)

8. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

I think we've all had just about enough of you.

9. Strona

Strona Well-Known Member

Thats ok John, im a fat ass and he was using that to get to me. To tell you the truth, his comment only made me wanna loose the weight more.

Today i had an awsome day again, stayed healthy, did Cardio in the morning and weights after work. Comments like his only wanna make me get there faster. :)

10. don_1987

don_1987 Well-Known Member

Talk about motivation... That's a good thing you used that negative comment and turn it into possitive energy. But still, taken from any point of view, what he said to you is wrong! Criticizing is fine, but insulting is unacceptable :mad:

Anyway, you've mentioned that you manage to hold your eagerness to eat chocolate for about 2.5 weeks, right? Well it's not a bad thing to use willpower, but the only negative result about depriving yourself is it usually turns into a binge, just like you did.

If I were you, I would try to consume these chocolates in moderation. Some consume them once a week, some every 3 days. But the point here is that you're able to satisfy your craving without overeating them. "Food doesn't directly make you fat, overeating and poor eating habit did". Just an opinion :tu:

11. betastas

betastas Well-Known Member

Ahh man, don't worry about it. The most important thing I gain from my cheat days is the feeling of dissatisfaction. Sometimes when I feel like I'm about to cheat, I recall the last time I did and how I didn't feel much better about it. To avoid binges though, I determine in advance when I'll let myself cheat, and what I'll have. Usually it ends up being a meal at somewhere less desireable with friends, or a cookie or chocolately snack (I love my chocolate). It keeps me from saying "screw it" and quitting for a day, then eating all the crap I can. On a positive note, it also motivates me to work harder next time and minimize the effects. I see you've already experienced this, and feel better for it. It's all about learning from yourself and growing into things. Rome wasn't built in a day.

It took at least a week.

12. don_1987

don_1987 Well-Known Member

... and a day... Fully without cheating :lol: