1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cheat Meals

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by Rugbyboy, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Rugbyboy

Rugbyboy Active Member

Wondered who has had a cheat meal today??

Been on a strict cuting diet and first cheat meal in 2 weeks!!!!

Pie, mash and Gravy - tasted soooo good haha

Just wondered who else has had one and what they had?

back to boiled eggs for breakfast and grilled chickens for another couple of weeks

2. calios1

calios1 Active Member

I cheated. Shame shame shame! My wife (let's blame her, why not?) wanted to go to Frankie and Bennys for a burger and a beer, which just sounded great!

I had steak and fries, didn't eat the fatty bits of the steak (a small concession to my diet) or the onion rings so I was fairly reserved...

I lived vicariously through my wife's cheese and bacon burger =:-)

3. Ez

Ez Guest

Food is just fuel... mmmm, say it all together now. Nothing tastes better than being sculpted!

Or, why not just axe the buns off that burger and watch the layers of sauces. fat is not the enemy on a cut. Too many Calories are!

4. healthdiva

healthdiva Active Member

I have been on a diet for 2 months now and I have to admit that every sunday afternoon I cheat and have ice cream... :p

I cannot live without ice cream...:nono:

Yet I have lost 12 pound being strict the rest of the week.

5. calios1

calios1 Active Member

12 pounds in two months? Excellent going! :tucool:

I find that when you're spending most of the week working out and eating sensibly you kind of know what you can get away with when it comes to cheating.

I also find though that cheat meals makes me feel so incredibly guilty, it's not really worth it =:-)

#5 calios1, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  6. MAD180

MAD180 Well-Known Member

Once a week I will usually have a cheat meal. Weather it be lunch with the girlfriend or a beer or two with the boys etc. Then for the rest of the week its back to work. This doesnt usually affect my fat loss for the week. My results have been fairly steady for the past month.

7. Medhatter

Medhatter Active Member

I read an article yesterday stating that a cheat meal high in fat/carbs will help restore your leptin levels, with higher leptin levels being conducive to fat loss.

As you lower your calories, you lower your leptin levels, which makes losing fat harder - which we've probably pretty much all experienced and could be one of the factors that come into play when people restrict their calories too much and don't lose fat, i.e. the oft-heard "you need to eat more". While these levels fall as you continue to restrict your calories, it seems one good dose of high carbs/fat can boost them back to normal levels and reset your body to being more willing to burn fat.

Anyway, I've got my excuses for pizza tomorrow night, how about you? :lol:

8. lordkovacs

lordkovacs Well-Known Member

I'm not cutting now, however, when I was I couldn't cheat at all! I remember going to a Buffalo Bills game while cutting (BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and ended up eating a rack of ribs and a 6-pack at a tailgate. it was NOT pretty! Since then, any time I'm cutting I know I can't cheat, or else!

cheers!

9. BigL

BigL Well-Known Member

I think one or two cheat meals a week are fine. There is a doctor who actually supports this method of dieting, its calle dthe zig zag diet.

10. JONESY_87

JONESY_87 Active Member

I have been having 1 cheat meal a week. Usually though its if me and the missus go to a resturant, but i am still fairly reserved, eg lean steak and veg or kangaroo fillets etc...Only 6 beers in 6 weeks and 8 pounds less. yay! Deffinatly no deep fied foods and or Maccas and so on.

11. healthdiva

healthdiva Active Member

And I thought I was making my big coming out to the world as a cheater....:whistle:

Well I am actually happy to see that I am not the only one, it actually makes me feel better and be more strict with the rest of my diet.

I will not give up my ice cream though...can't do....:spank:

12. docutech

docutech Active Member

I cheated last night...

6oz Fillet
    Roasted red potatoes
    Steamed asparagus

:drool:

Just a sample of my weekly cheat meal :cool:

13. Sparx88

Sparx88 Active Member

Forgive me, But what about this is a cheat?:confused:

14. docutech

docutech Active Member

I am on a cut at the moment :D

15. Doubleoqueso

Doubleoqueso Active Member

Yesterday I had a bowl of ice cream. Today I had a slice of cake and a 1/2 pint or so of Ya-Ya's baked beans. I've been having some beer each Saturday...

I love bulking :)