1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cheaper Source for Egg Whites?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by JC, May 19, 2011.

1. JC

JC Active Member

Egg beaters are far too expensive.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper source? I've seen the big tubs of egg whites; any brands you recommend?

I wonder if breaking them up by hand always the cheapest way...

Thanks!

2. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Check your local newspaper or the internet for coupons on eggs or egg beaters and do the math with whatever savings you can figure. You can buy in bulk at a wholesale club like BJs or Costco. They have crates of eggs. I believe they are 3 dozen. shop around and look for sales. Sometimes the grocery store brand goes on sale. Only way that I know of to save is to put in some research on prices.

3. dso

dso Well-Known Member

I buy a 3 dozen box of eggs. I just separate the yolk. Egg Beaters are way too expensive for me, seeing how I eat 6 egg whites in the morning, and 2 hard boiled egg whites during the day. Id go through one of those small cartons in no time.

4. LAGymRat

LAGymRat Active Member

Add me to the whole eggs crowd. I don't trust anything that's already been processed, and eggs are not that expensive when you break it down.

Separate the yolk and toss the shells in the disposal, it's good for it anyways. :tucool:

5. That_Muscle_Guy

Yea I guess your best option would be to try by whole eggs in bulk. They are very cheap and easy to separate, problem solved.