1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Chameleon's next step forward

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Chameleon, Dec 17, 2008.

1. kateykate

kateykate Well-Known Member

:D My absolute pleasure. To me, the difference is obvious, and impressive.

2. Chameleon

Chameleon Well-Known Member

thanks... my comment about staying positive is more in that I usually see what I still need to fix/improve before I start to notice what I've already accomplished.. which is one of the reasons I decided that monthly pictures were enough... I used to do bi-weekly photo's and the lack of obvious progress would really depress me... so at least with Monthly photo's it's more obvious that there has been change ;)

thanks hun :hug:

3. Chameleon

this week has been a big blur and it's getting even busier... Sunday I had a personal client that wanted a 75 minute massage, Monday morning I got a call from a friend that needed some serious work on her back and did a 90 minute massage, Tuesday I worked a very busy lunch shift at Smokey Bones and then got a call for a 50 minute massage at the Grand Bohemian hotel downtown, then another 50 min. massage right after the first and then a 90 minute massage after that (back to back to back)... in addition to all of that on Tuesday I got a call from an acquaintance with an offer to do two 8 hour day's of yoga instruction at an event on Disney property tomorrow and Friday for $200 a day, I had to get two shifts at the restaurant covered but I was able to find people to take the shifts... Today I did a 50 minute massage at the Bohemian then worked a dinner shift at the restaurant, then hit the gym for Back & Bi's.. by the way... I'm up to 130 lbs on my deadlift... fourteen more pounds and I'll be deadlifting my body weight :spaz:... and on top of all of that I got a call from a gentleman that I worked on at my chiropractors office last week and he wants a 2 hour massage tomorrow morning... so at 7:30 I'll start his massage, then run to Disney by 10:30 and won't leave there until 7 p.m. *whew*

next week I'm meeting with the chair massage guy to go over all my paperwork and make sure I've learned the chair massage protocols he gave me and then I'll be starting with at least three shifts if not four shifts each week with him... pretty soon I'll be able to leave the restaurant behind me :claphigh:

okay.. I've gotta go fix food for tomorrow and then make some oatmeal w/ blueberries for my last meal of the day :drool:

4. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

:eek:

And when do you get a massage?

5. JVib

JVib Active Member

Wow Chameleon. I just looked at your Jan to Feb pics. That is great progress for only 1 month. Keep it up.:tucool:

6. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

7. Chameleon

every once in a blue moon I do an exchange with another therapist ;) I need one right now... guess it's time to fit it in :D

8. Chameleon

thanks... I can't wait for the next comparison photo's... I started my cut yesterday :spaz:

9. Chameleon

10. Chameleon

wow, last week was CRAZY... I made a LOT of money, but I also got sick :( Thursday was one of the longest day's I've had in a LONG LONG time, the 2 hour massage went over by about 15 minutes because my time management was off a bit and I wasn't going to have much time to work on his back... this guy has so many knot's and sore muscles that I could easily work on him for three hours.... or... not so easily, but I think you understand... it's a full workout to get enough pressure on him to get the knots out :eek:

then I get to Disney to find out that I'm in a tent, no space heaters at all... and it was cold on Thursday.. it' didn't get out of the 40's and when the sun went down around 5 or so it got much much colder... I wasn't expecting to be outside so I hadn't brought enough layers with me to keep me very warm and yoga pants don't do much for warmth.. while I was doing yoga it kept me a bit warm, but once the sun went down not many of the girls wanted to do yoga so I was just standing around for the last hour shivering :bang:

Friday was warmer and much busier I don't think I stopped doing yoga for more than 10 minutes at a time, except for when Shawn Johnson (the Olympic gymnast) was there giving out autographed photo's, that was pretty cool

Saturday I had two 70 minute massages at the Grand Bohemian hotel and then worked the dinner shift at Smokey Bones... by the time I was done and home I knew without a doubt that I was sick :(

I kept my nutrition on point with the addition of TheraFlu cold and sinus and Benadryl... but my workouts suffered... I should have hit the gym on Thursday for shoulders and calves but was so sore, cold and tired by the time the day was over that there was no way I had the strength or the energy to do that, Friday and Saturday I should have done my HIIT cardio but just couldn't get the energy up to do it... and yesterday should have been legs but instead I slept in and spent the day on the couch with my TheraFlu and movies

today I'm feeling enough better that I'm going to hit the gym before I head out to the hotel to do another massage.. I think I'm going to just call this chest and calf day and keep to my schedule for the rest of the week... I was going to try to fit in my leg day but I'm still not feeling all the way better and think it'd be better to just do what I can and finish recovering... chest and calf day is a bit easier than leg day and I should be fine doing it today

11. Chameleon

so far this week isn't going too badly... I almost hit my macro's perfect yesterday and I hit them right on today... yesterday was chest/tri's/calves :tu: and today was LISS :tu:

I think my cold is mostly over, my sinuses are still producing more mucus than they need to be but other than that I'm feeling much better

I started to finalize some of my paperwork for the new job today and got to meet the admin folks behind the scenes... so far I like everyone associated with this job, which is awesome.. everyone is super nice... and apparently I remind them of a therapist that was with them when they started the company *shrug* I asked if that was a good thing and they said it was :p

12. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

ahh, that's neat :)

How are you adjusting to the lower cals?

13. Cocomartinez

Cocomartinez Active Member

I´m tired just reading all that!

Take care of yourself, get well, and good luck on the cut!:gl:

14. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Don't get between her and her plate at meal-times. That's all I have to say about that. :nod:

15. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

16. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Has massaging always been easy for you? I know I get tired after about 10 minutes of doing any sort of back rub, and most people I know are about the same. I always figured that massage therapists must have some sort of superpowers in their arms/shoulders. :dreamy:

:nod:
    I hope you get some time to rest and are able to eventually cut back a bit on your hours to get the much needed time to yourself. That cold bug saw his perfect victim when he spotted you, miss workaholic!

17. Chameleon

I've always been the friend that will rub your shoulders or neck if your sore or have a headache... I do have strong hands but honestly when you learn how to do things right you find out it's all about leverage, using your bodyweight and using multiple techniques... I can use my forearm, elbow, closed fist and open hands and go from extremely light pressure to extremely hard pressure without much added effort :nod:

I am feeling mostly better... although the new diet has me a bit tired today.. thankfully my carbs are a bit higher today than they have been for the past several days.

18. Maya

Maya Well-Known Member

:wave: Hi Tanisha!!

19. Avy

Avy Active Member

I am that friend too - I dont mind giving massages but dont really enjoy getting them. I've only had 2 professional ones in my life and for about 3/4 of it I was either laughing cos it tickled or clenching and flinching cos it hurt. Maybe they were just shite :lol: I much prefer a facial. They are heavenly. Everyone tells me I have really strong hands and good technique - but I only feel comfortable doing it to my friends. A stranger, not so much :blank:

20. Chameleon

HI :wave:

oh.. I LOVE getting massages I just seem to give more than I get :p especially now :lol: