1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Chameleon's Jamaica Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Chameleon, May 21, 2007.

1. Chameleon

Chameleon Well-Known Member

Monday & Tuesday workout updates are HERE:D

WEEK 1 Total = 38

WEEK 2 Total = 42

WEEK 3 Total = 43

Monday (June 11)
    meals = 5
    workout = 1
    cardio =1
    Total = 7

Tuesday (June 12)
    meals = 5
    workout = 1
    cardio =1
    Total = 7

Week 4 total = 18

TOTAL to date = 141

#21 Chameleon, Jun 12, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  2. Chameleon

just new totals today.. although I did do cardio yesterday it was a rest day for lifting ;)

WEEK 1 Total = 38

WEEK 2 Total = 42

WEEK 3 Total = 43

Wednesday (June 13)
    meals = 5
    cardio =1
    Total = 6

Week 4
    meals = 19
    workout = 2
    cardio = 3
    Total = 24

TOTAL to date = 147

3. Chameleon

okay... I took progress photo's on Sunday (June 17th), they can be found HERE
    and my workouts from last Friday through yesterday can be found HERE

WEEK 1 Total = 38

WEEK 2 Total = 42

WEEK 3 Total = 43

Friday (June 15)
    meals = 5
    cardio =1
    Total = 6

Saturday (June 16)
    meals = 5
    workout = 1
    cardio =1
    Total = 7

WEEK 4 Totals
    meals = 34
    workout = 4
    cardio = 5
    Total = 43

Sunday (June 17)
    meals = 4 (I was pretty good, but I still had one bite of Roger's icecream, 1 potato chip and BBQ sause on my chicken)
    Total = 4

Monday (June 18)
    meals = 5
    workout = 1
    cardio =1
    Total = 7

Week 5 (not including today)
    meals = 9
    workout = 1
    cardio = 1
    Total = 11

TOTAL to date = 177 (not including today) wooo hoooo I only need 51 more points to get my full hour long massage :dance:

4. Chameleon

Tuesday's workout is HERE
    Today's workout can be found HERE

WEEK 1 Total = 38

WEEK 2 Total = 42

WEEK 3 Total = 43

WEEK 4 Total = 43

Tuesday (June 19)
    meals = 4 (I had chicken with one slice of low fat/low moisture mozzarella on it instead of fish for my fifth meal, so I lose a point, but it was YUMMY :drool:)
    workout = 1
    cardio =1
    Total = 6

Wednesday (June 20)
    meals = 5
    Total = 5

Thursday (June 21)
    meals = 5
    workout = 1
    cardio = 1
    Total = 7

Week 5 Totals
    meals = 23
    workout = 3
    cardio = 3
    Total = 29

TOTAL to date = 195 (not including today) at this point in time I've earned my 1/2 hour massage :claphigh:

#24 Chameleon, Jun 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  5. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

mmmm....massage.... good!!! :nod:

Congrats on such a successful effort.... :tucool:

6. Chameleon

thanks hun ;) although, this weekend was a disaster, of my own making :doh: complacency is my biggest enemy :nod: I had the whole "I'm doing great, I'm going to make it to 90% with no worries" feeling going, so what did I do... I cheated... not once, not twice, but three times... no official HIIT on Saturday (although I did run around with a friends kids a LOT in the sun and heat), a cheat meal and drinks on Saturday with a friend, we had Mexican :drool:, and a cheat meal and drinks with a few other friends on Sunday... and yesterday's was a doozy... we went to Outback and I had a burger, on a bun :doh:, fries, some of the bloomin' onion, and two martini's :o:doh: and my stomach got REALLY mad at me for it too :( and now it feels like I might be getting a head cold :(

WEEK 1 Total = 38

WEEK 2 Total = 42

WEEK 3 Total = 43

WEEK 4 Total = 43

Friday (June 22)
    meals = 5
    workout = 1
    cardio = 1
    Total = 7

Saturday (June 23)
    meals = 4
    Total = 4

Week 5 Totals
    meals = 32
    workout = 4
    cardio = 4
    Total = 40

Sunday (June 24)
    meals = 4
    Total = 4

TOTAL to date = 210 (not including today) at this point in time I've earned my 1/2 hour massage :claphigh: I need 228 points for the full hour so as long as I'm decently good this week I'm IN for the full hour :claphigh: although I want to keep this week as clean as possible to recover from this past weekends indiscretion's :o

7. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Don't beat yourself up over the cheats. I know you have a short-term goal of the Jamaica beaches but you are not trying to compete on a stage, at least not right now.

I feel that fitness goals ought to be lifestyle goals and I for one don't want to "commit" to giving up a weekend of fun like you just had. Fun is good. Restoring, renewing, increases motivation.

Of course, right now I am not a great example of my own philosophy because of what I have been going through physically, but back before all that started, I felt I was making slow steady progress -- certainly my dress size kept dropping -- but nevertheless, enjoying myself as part of a regular lifestyle.

Though I had already done this a while back, the most permanent thing was to get rid of junk food. I am just cleaner about it now -- more conscious of "filler" in foods that I just don't consume anymore. (Except for my weakness for Dunkin' Donuts :D -- which by the way, I have not eaten in months :confused: -- G*d, I hope this realization doesn't trigger anything. :lol:)

You are making great progress, you look fantastic -- you are very smiley.... :cool: and fun periods of time spaced sufficiently apart, will keep your motivation going. At least that is what I think... :)

8. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Several years ago I tore my calf and the a week later fractured some ribs deadlifting, when I was 8 weeks out from a pro qualifier. At this time, it seemed as if I was just going through the motions with my training. After busting my ribs, I almost caved in that night with pizza, cheeseburgers with blue cheese, and a bag of M&M's. After the injuries, my resolve became solid as steele and my workouts took on another intensity level I never knew I had.

Sometimes it takes a mishap to get us back on track with even more determination. John Stone went through this recently. Afterwards, his dedication was taken to another level, and he recently attained his goal. I am sure that you will do the same, Chameleon. We all have faith in you! :nod:

9. Chameleon

I know you're right, I just have this bad tendency of snowballing one bad day into two, into three, into four, etc... I just need to learn how to have one cheat meal without letting it get out of control... yesterday's cheat meal got a bit out of control... but on the other hand it also reminded me why I eat clean and healthy most of the time... that belly ache was NOT fun :p

thanks for the pep talk... and for the complements :o:)... I feel like I just got a virtual hug ;) I'm really blessed to have a friend like you *big hugs* :)

10. Chameleon

wow, that's a lot to have to overcome right before a competition :nod: I probably would have buried myself in that junk food :o

that's awesome that your workouts were more intense after your injuries :tucool:

thanks :o:) now I HAVE to get right back on track... I don't want your faith to be misplaced :tu:

11. Chameleon

well... does everyone remember me saying on Monday that I thought I was getting a head cold... well... I was part right... I have sinusitis (sinus infection) *blah* and am now on antibiotics... I didn't do much at all yesterday, other than going to the doctor, my head felt three sizes too big :o and I'm not quite back to normal yet... so I'm going to end up being two points down this week automatically, I'll only have time to get four cardio sessions in and three workouts... instead of 5 cardio and four lifting days... I would go in today, but I'm still not feeling right yet and I don't want to push it... I only have four day's (well actually 3 and a half day's) before I'm on vacation and I do NOT want to be sick when we get to Jamaica :nono: so I'm resting today... I am at work, but I won't be going to the gym... although I am eating right still ;)

WEEK 1 Total = 38

WEEK 2 Total = 42

WEEK 3 Total = 43

WEEK 4 Total = 43

Week 5 Total = 40

Monday (June 25)
    meals = 4 (I had two of the biscotti that were at work)
    workout = 1
    cardio = 1
    Total = 6

Tuesday (June 26)
    meals = 4 (I didn't get up earlier enough for all five meals, so I only ate 4)
    Total = 4

Wednesday (June 27)
    meals = 5
    Total = 5

Week 6 Totals
    meals = 13
    workout = 1
    cardio = 1
    Total = 15

TOTAL to date = 223 at this point in time I've earned my 1/2 hour massage :claphigh: I need 228 points for the full hour so now I only need an additional five points and I'm good.. and I KNOW I'm going to get more than five points in the next three days... so :claphigh: yayyyy :D now I just need this damn sinus infection to go away :mad:

#31 Chameleon, Jun 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  12. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Yeah, I just got sick too... I don;t understand this. I suspect that whne I don;t stick perfectly to the plan I am prone to getting sick -- particualry if I undereat. I think the food plan is sooo structured, that it gives you just waht you need. You deviate and you are falling short on somethin whihc effects your ability to fight off stuff.

But you are doing absolutely great!!

BTW check out here. :)

13. Chameleon

well damn, we're both sick then :( I hope you feel better soon :nod: and congrats on finding out the cyst was benign :claphigh: