1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Challenge Starting August 2nd, 2004: 2tyrefyre vs. Robert28 vs. ?

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by 2tyrefyre, Jul 18, 2004.

1. 2tyrefyre

2tyrefyre Well-Known Member

Challenge Starting August 2nd, 2004: 2tyrefyre vs. Robert28 vs. cuda vs. ?

We are starting a challenge on August 2nd. We have pretty much similar stats, although Robert28 is 6 inches taller than I am, and cuda is less weight than I am. We are all looking to slim down. I took pics, and didn't realize how big I was until I saw a photo of myself (Yikes!). Here are the stats.

2tyrefyre
    ===========
    5'-7"
    236 lbs.
    27 yrs.
    BF %: ??? More than I need :o
    ===========

Robert28
    ===========
    6'-1"
    237 lbs.
    25 yrs.
    BF %: ??? More than he wants I'm sure
    ===========

cuda
    ===========
    5'-9"
    222 lbs.
    ?? yrs.
    BF %: ??? More than he wants I'm sure

This is going to be an overall composition change judged by forum members. We do not have yet how long the challenge should go. I was thinking it would be cool to go through the end of the year for an extended challenge!

We are open for suggestions and other attendees. I am looking to cut about 50 lbs or more. I'm very siked about doing this. I am looking forward to 8/2/04!!! I hope that Robert28, cuda, and I, and this forum as well, keep up the motivation to see this challenge through. :tu:

Good luck to everyone doing challenges. :gl:

:: Note to admins :: When this challeng starts, can we get the title to take out the "Challenge Starting August 2nd:" so it looks like the rest.

Thanks,

JC :flex:

#1 2tyrefyre, Jul 18, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  2. QuikZ06

QuikZ06 Well-Known Member

My challenge ends Sept 4, and I would like to continue elsewhere. Interested? By the time your challange starts I should be around 205 lbs 5' 8 around 20% BF. Goals for my challange are 190 @ 15% by Sept 4. For your end of year challange I would be 175-190 @ 8%

3. 2tyrefyre

You are more than welcome to join us if you want, but looking at your current challenge, you may be farther along than most of us (at least for me, for that matter). I myself am looking to cut about 50 lbs, or something for that matter. :tu:

I guess if we do it on an overall composition change (like stated above) then it shouldn't matter too much. I would like to see this go from August 2nd to December 20th, which will be exactly 20 wks. This will help those like me who are way way out of shape time to catch up with those in "not as bad" shape.

It's almost like an extreme makeover without the surgery, just hard work and lifestyle change. :nod:

Welcome.

JC

4. Robert28

Robert28 Well-Known Member

Cuda is also interested in joining us, I believe.

Next week we'll finalize the details such as types of pictures, how often we post them, etc.

Looking forward to it!

5. QuikZ06

Well as of this morning I am 212 so I am not too far off. Plus I started Creatine last night so that should pack on a few more lbs.

6. eodman12

eodman12 Well-Known Member

Hey guys im intrested in joining your challenge I am roughly
    205 lbs
    5'8
    20% Bf

I'd love to join the challenge I am trying to get back in shape to the point I was in college. Send me a PM or something Im definitely on this bandwagon.

-Phil

7. QuikZ06

I'm in, just let me know what I have to provide and when.

8. eodman12

Well i suggest that we do the four month thing with weekly pictures. I suggest that we have weekly weigh ins/pictures and the person rated the most improved is the winner at the end. We should start like planned on august 2nd with weigh ins and pictures on august 1st. Finally join in's should also be on the 1st of august.
    -Phil

9. 2tyrefyre

Sounds good to me. I think that this will be awesome! We can do an every other week pic so that there would be a total of 10, or 1 every week, etc. So, things needed for Monday, August 2nd:
    - Starting pic
    - Weight
    - Goals of challenge
    - Misc?

Did I miss anything?

:eat:

10. Chris_Otto

Chris_Otto Well-Known Member

Sure count me in! I'm finally coming off of rehab for my knee (Chondromalacia and slight tear in the cartilidge) and have just started to get more active in the past two weeks. I dropped 15 lbs. in Jan and Feb but have been in limbo since the knee was injured in a skiing accident.

I'll post this stuff on my website this weekend:

- Pics
    - Charts

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 230 lbs
    Goal: 1st stage = 50 more lbs. loss, 2nd stage = muscle mass gain (tbd)

11. 2tyrefyre

Wow! This is going to be a huge challenge. It looks like we have the following for this 20 wk challenge:

2tyrefyre vs.
    Robert28 vs.
    QuikZ06 vs.
    eodman12 vs.
    Chris_Otto

All of us are 2xx lbs. or more. We all are probably at slightly different stages and backgrounds coming into this challenge. Good luck to us all!

:gl:

Next Monday, if someone wanted to start the challenge post of everyone involved, than each of us can post our first pics.

Again this challenge is from August 2nd - December 20th. I figure it will be a Holiday present for all of us if we follow through.

:jumping:

JC

12. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. :cool:

13. MitzyP

MitzyP Well-Known Member

I would like to join as well if possible!
    Using the username, "Almost" (Someone managed to find my password :( )

Weight:216 lbs
    Height:6'0"

14. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

Would you guys mind if I joined. I am 21, 6 feet tall and 197 but down from 210 in the last 3 weeks. I'm currently at 24 percent bf. We can go pound for pound. Since you gusy weight more, its cool if its a no.

15. eodman12

Yea man like I said to everyone whos asked feel free to jump on. The terms seem to be 4 months with 3 sets of pics flexed and non-flexed front/side/back. We start tommorow so I will put up a new thread with the final list of people tonite.

-Phil