1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Causticmuse on SGX (2/17-5/15/05)

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by causticmuse, Mar 31, 2005.

1. causticmuse

causticmuse Well-Known Member

I'll be posting my progress pics for my 12 week Swolegenix cutting cycle here.

I'm currently a bit over 5 weeks into the program, and progress has been a bit up and down as I adjusted from the old 40/40/20 to the SGX eating patterns (and ran around trying to come up with some new recipes), but I've been on track for the past two weeks. I've only dropped a pound or two of scale weight, but according to body fat readings, that has been nearly 100% fat, which is happy news. I think my arms have shown the most improvement despite a sloppy first 3 weeks.

I am shooting for a superclean last 6 weeks on SGX to gauge how well the program works for me compared to Body-for-Life and Leanness Lifestyle. My photos from those two programs are in my Fluffy to Fit photo thread.

Additional pics from this SGX cycle are posted here: http://maggiewang.com/photos/SGX1

2/11/05 (After ~9-10 weeks of bulking, Max-OT, 40/40/20 ratios, 135-136 lbs)
    [​IMG]

3/31/05 (After 5.5 weeks of SGX, 134 lbs)
    [​IMG]

Progression from before my return to fitness to Week 5 of SGX (5/2004-3/2005)
    [​IMG]

#1 causticmuse, Mar 31, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  2. Sophie

Sophie Well-Known Member

You look great as always! :tu: Amazing legs!

3. boomboom

boomboom Well-Known Member

Wow! Your arms and back definitely benefited the most. Just curious - how does SGX compare to the Leanness Lifestyle? I have signed up on David's site, but I haven't started the Leanness Lifestyle program yet since I'm still finishing up my prior BFL cycle.

4. ellipticer

ellipticer Well-Known Member

You've got to be careful with that scale weight on SGX :D I think you may have actually added muscle as well?

I've got lots of recipes and meal ideas that fit the ratios.. I don't post on his board any more, but let me know if you want some of them.

5. akm3

akm3 Well-Known Member

As always, you look fantastic! Definiate improvements.

You are a very beautiful lady.

-Allen

6. gravityhomer

gravityhomer Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

The definition between your shoulder and upper arm is really noticeable. Your triceps look really good. I wish my triceps stood out in a profile shot like that. Goodluck with the rest of the program. Awesome job!:claplow:

I read on your webpage how you are pysched about starting a pull up program. I am sort of doing a program layed out by Leftnut here on the forum. I do it weekly on my back days. It is not as complicated as the links I saw on your web page, but I'm looking forward to seeing how I improve on it. Last weekend I did for the first time, and my body was completely wrecked at the end. My lats were sore for three days, it was awesome. The details are in my journal if you are interested. Anyway awesome job!

7. Boxer-in-training

Boxer-in-training Well-Known Member

WTG Maggie- I can tell a difference between the two. Keep up the good work!!!

8. causticmuse

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm definitely happy about the shoulders and arms. Hopefully they'll continue to bulk up a bit even as I continue with this cut.

I should mention that my workouts probably aren't SGX standard; I believe Swolecat modified my weight training to be more like his Femgenix program, which focuses heavily on exercises that widen the shoulders to balance out the legs and hips. I asked him for the change when I contacted him about the program since I barely have to do anything to build and maintain muscle mass in my legs. I wind up working upper body twice a week and legs only once.

I haven't backed off too much from the weights I was using on Max-OT either, even though the new program requires 3-5 times higher reps, so apparently my arms respond well to heavy weights at higher volume. Go figure. BFL was too light, Max-OT was too low-rep.

boomboom--SGX is very regimented. As with LL, you have to watch your intake and macros, but there is a meal/supplement timing element and specific ratios you have to hit for specific meals that aren't present in LL. I also think that LL's calorie range is lower than SGX. I got lean on LL as promised, but I think I also lost more lean mass than I wanted to due to the type and volume of cardio I was doing on the relatively low calories I consumed.

I did drop fat like crazy, though, and wouldn't mind trying it again in the future for maintenance or cutting with a less aggressive calorie restriction. :)

ellipticer--I'd love to get those recipes from you. I'm having a love affair with sauteed tilapia right now, but anything that can make chicken breast more interesting without throwing off ratios would be much appreciated.

gravityhomer--The triceps are looking kind of big nowadays, aren't they? :lol: I might actually look like the push-up queenie I am one of these days. I can't wait to start working on pull-ups, too. They seem to be great for developing the back.

9. ethan

ethan Well-Known Member

10. seeDerekNow

seeDerekNow Well-Known Member

nice!!

11. ellipticer

Hey CM, here is a good quick chicken recipe. I have some more involved ones if you don't mind chopping and cooking a bit.

3.5 oz chicken breast, skinless (30/0/3)
    .25 cup parmesan, grated (10/1/8)
    1 egg white (3/0/0)
    1 tsp olive oil (0/0/4)
    .2 cup tomato sauce (1/4/0)

Preheat a thick nonstick pan on medium and the oven @ 375f.

Wash and pound out chicken breast a bit to flatten and cook evenly. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste. Beat the egg white with a few drops of water to liquify it. Dip the chicken breast into the egg white, drain the excess, and then into the parmesan.

note: the parmesan might not cover both sides so you can do only one side or sometimes I "cut" the parmesan with milled flax seed

Put the olive oil in the hot pan and let it warm up. Place the chicken on the pan, cheese side down. Let the cheese brown, flip, and put the pan in the oven. The chicken should finish in about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the breast. Then heat the tomato sauce in the microwave or put it in the pan when the chicken comes out for some moisture. I eat it with spinach or greens or broccoli.

Cals: 341
    Ratio: 45/5/15

12. ellipticer

I forgot one thing... when I was posting to the thread last time, my wife was in the same room and she asked jokingly "why are you looking at that girl's photos?" ...and I said, "oh you don't want to see her, she's pretty buff." And of course, she wanted to see.

Her first comment on the before and after (and I didn't tell her what you were working on and she didn't read it) was "looks good, her shoulders are wider"

:D

13. boomboom

boomboom Well-Known Member

Dangers of browsing the Media section

That's funny, I got in trouble with my significant other browsing the progress photos! It's funny, the addiction I have to fitness now is almost as high as my addiction to coding. When I'm browsing the Media Gallery, it's all about progress and transformation. Try telling that to someone that walks by your PC with pics of awesome physiques scrolling by! :p

14. Timbermiko

Timbermiko Well-Known Member

u look great!...i personally like the BF/LL , that slender feminine look ;) great job!

15. causticmuse

Your wife is now my favorite person in the whole world, sight unseen.

:claplow:

16. MUGSY

MUGSY Well-Known Member

Looking Good! :tu:

I agree here, I started SGX five or six months ago at approx 238lbs and have been stuck at 184 - 190lbs for about the last month. The scale hasn’t moved but I have lost another 1.5" off my waist!!!!! WOO HOO!

17. causticmuse

18. causticmuse

19. causticmuse

20. causticmuse