1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Carguy's Next Chapter

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by carguy, Jun 28, 2008.

1. k3vb0

k3vb0 Well-Known Member

Happy 30th. It's amazing how time flies when you're with the one you love. :nod:

2. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Thanks Kree-Kree. It's probably why there's been 30 years. Congrats on your 15 as well. And to answer your question, we didn't exchange gifts. We took a nice trip to Florida earlier this year.

This is both funny and pathetic. Our niece and her friend are visiting from Michigan this week so my wife and I let them have our room and we are sleeping in twin beds in the guest room. :doh:

But, the two girls surprised us for our Anniversary by fixing us a candle-lit dessert in our dining room with mood music and even dancing. They found pictures from our wedding for the table. It was so nice. :nod:

I prefer damn hot.:lol: Thanks, LSC.

I totally plan to. Now off to the gym. :bb:

Yes, I am truly blessed. And you sound like you speak from experience.

3. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, what would you say your bf is in your best pics ? 8-ish ?

4. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

For being 55 your ar in MUCH better shape than this 22 year old. If I was at a gym with you there I would listen. :tucool:

5. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

I guess that depends on what you consider my "best shots". Here are four I found. The first one is from 2006 after I had finished SGX. I think I was at my lowest %bf then and I probably was in the 8-9% range. Since then, I have put on about 15 pounds and I'm not as lean so I'd say I was at about 12% now. The last three shots are all from the last few months. But I don't test it and I'm not really good at estimating body fat on myself or anyone else.

You're about the same age as my son and he never listens to me. Go figure. :confused: By the way, I'm in better shape than him too.

#65 carguy, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  6. LoneStarChick

LoneStarChick Well-Known Member

DAY-UM!! :eek: Lookin' good!

7. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Thanks, LoneStar.

Man, this morning I had a shock. The scale read 169#.:eek: I haven't been below 170 in a year and a half. And I'm not trying to lose weight. :doh: I suppose this means my %bf is down too, but I feel "tiny" at this weight. Do you folks agree, that I would look better at 180 or 185? Or do you think this cut look is a good one for me?

#67 carguy, Aug 20, 2008
  8. Bt443407

Bt443407 Active Member

Carguy -

Been around here for awhile and I've admired your progress! You are such an inspiration to me! :tu:

Due to your success, I would DEFINITELY recommend adding a few good pounds. Look how far you've gotten, why not tackle another challenge? You can always get back to that lean look later on!

(Not saying you need to put on any more muscle - you look solid now)

Brian

9. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Thanks, Brian. Judging from your avatar, you've done quite well yourself. I would like to build up my chest as you have, but seem to be limited there genetically. But I definitely felt better about 10 pounds heavier. I don't think I've got a bulk up to 200 in me, but this winter will need to be another bulk time.

10. Bt443407

Bt443407 Active Member

Unfortunately, that is my goal, not me. Eventually, though!

If you would feel more comfortable 10 lbs heavier, go for it - I think your bf is low enough that you can get away with a lot on a bulk, and if you had to cut afterwards, it wouldnt be much (if you do it cleanly).

Good luck with your continued goals!

Brian

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi CG. Man you are really looking ripped right now :nod:. Since you asked, I'm going to suggest that you go for a clean ten or so pound bulk. You're really lean right now and based upon my following your transformation for the past couple of years I'm confident that if the new look doesn't suit you you won't have too much of an issue dropping the weight again.

Regardless of your decision, you're an inspiration. :tu: :tucool:

12. Rise

Rise Active Member

Uh oh, it looks as though it's time for another "Gain 20# with Carguy thread..." :lol:

13. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm in the minority here....I think you look fine @ 170.....more than fine.

It's up to you. It's hard to watch those abs disappear, though....even if only for a few months

14. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Seltzer, thanks for the kind words and suggestion. And you're right about being able to lose some weight quickly. All I have to do is skip my evening snack a few times and I can be down 5# just like that.

I don't know if I can take the pressure. I don't want anyone to get "fat" because of me.

I guess this makes sense coming from a guy named Abguy. One other thing nice about being this thin is being able to wear anything in my closet and not have to worry about them being too tight.

15. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Today could be the beginning of some changes. I committed to film my class which is the last step to becoming an instructor at the gym. I also started taking creatine again. It's usually good for 5 pounds. I need to gain back some of this weight I lost. I will try to do it in a healthy way. :lol: (I said try.)

Pics are from this morning. I'll compare to some a month from now.

#75 carguy, Sep 2, 2008
  16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You look as if you've dropped some weight since you last posted. Still looking good though. Having been a witness to your journies for quite a while I'm sure that you will accomplish this upcomng bulk in the healthy manner that yourare going to "try" for.

17. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Good luck with the bulk!!!:eat:

18. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Yes, I have, and I don't like it. I'm feeling small. I need to get back up to 180# for my maintained weight.

Thanks, k-k. I just got back from eating Mexican but I still got some dish with chicken, rice and veggies in it. And I could only finish half of it. Sometimes I wish I had a bigger appetite. :blank:

19. Ectomorphic

Ectomorphic Active Member

Me too. The more and more I think about it, the more I come to feel that being an ecto, an endo, or a meso is less about weight control ability and more about eating ability (appetite) and strength characteristics (base, max, rate of increase, etc.).

I've come to find that gaining weight is actually pretty easy, despite what I thought all those years beforehand. Just eat more calories. Increasing and maintaining my strength on the other hand....holy shit.

20. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Sorry for a downer of a post but this is my journal and it's how I'm feeling. I taped my class this morning for submittal to become certified to teach this class at the gym and it went horribly. I lost my place, my mouth got dry, I didn't speak loudly enough. I can re-do it but it is so hard to set it up and get the people to come to the taping. I don't know what to do. I know I can do better, but I'm told that I may pass anyway. If I submit, and I don't pass, I can re-submit within 30 days.

Plus, I didn't get any sleep last night. My Jack Russell Terrorist got me up at 2 am and then I couldn't get back to sleep. I had a doughnut at work and my son just got money from me that I didn't really have to give.

I'm glad I don't feel like this often. :(