1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Carguy's Next Chapter

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by carguy, Jun 28, 2008.

1. beginner84

beginner84 Active Member

so what is ti like ? you diggin' being an instructor ?

make those people sweat :mad: you could scare them off by having a 600lb barbell lying in front of you
    like if you were about to deadlift it when class starts, then you could yell
    IF THE BAR AINT BENDIN' - YO JUST PRETENDIN'" lol and see who runs off :spaz:

just kidding hit it bro :D

2. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Haven't even had the training yet. it's the last week-end of July. Then I'll shadow another instructor for a while and then get my own class.

If I stumble upon a great way to grow and even-out your pecs, I'll let you know. I could use it too. Either my left one is an over-achiever or my right one is a total slacker. :lol:

3. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Went to a 4th of July party tonight and ate horribly (well, actually, I ate pretty well and quite a lot ;)). Then, we went to a Little River Band concert. It was free and quite good. Then there were great fireworks. Didn't cost a thing except for gas to get everywhere but it was a beautiful day and the top was down and the sunscreen on. All in all, a good day. Oh, and it started with church and a trip to the gym and I even got a nap in in the afternoon.

4. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Had blood work done last week and just got the results back. The test was mainly for blood pressure and cholesterol because I needed to get refills on my meds. Well, cholesterol was still considered too high (total was 192 which is still below 200 but "bad cholesterol" was 118 which they said was too high. Blood pressure always comes out high at the doctors office but I don't think it's really all that high.

The thing that concerns me the most was my testosterone level was 1,297. :eek::eek::eek: I guess my doctor wants the assisted level to be 827 so he wants me to cut back on the frequency of the injections. The last time this happened and I went from once every two weeks to once every three weeks, my T level dropped way low. I would rather it be on the high side, but I guess 1,300 is a bit much. I wonder if I'm making my own testosterone once again?:confused:

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The Mason-Dixon line for cholesterol keeps getting lowered and there's a lot of disagreement in the medical community about many issues concerning cholesterol, both the good and bad kinds. I too have a high number, which escapes me at the moment, but my GP tells me I have the highest amount of good cholesterol that she's ever seen in a guy. And she's no newbie as she's been practicing for about 25 years. So while my ratio is great she still has me on statins. I've talked with a number of doctors and even some pharmacists about this and there is no consensus in their answers so I find it very confusing. Bottom line I'm going with the advice of my doctor because if I don't trust her advice (which I do) then I should find someone else. And despite all of my exercising and proper eating I also have high BP. Sometimes genes just rule. :blank:

Mike, how often do you have blood work done? Some quick feedback after you do change you testosterone protocol would be very informative and possibly avert a drop like last time.

6. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

I usually get tested every 6 months. But I'm not going to go that long with the lower dosage. If my T drops too low after retesting at about 6 weeks, I will be asking to go back to my old dosage. I feel great and don't see a downside to having it high. It's a heck of a lot better than when it was too low.

7. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I hope it all works out for you.

8. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Your cholesterol ratio is still very good, I don't see what they are worried about :confused:

9. PlainGreyT

PlainGreyT Active Member

Thanks to the miracle of living in a different time zone I get to be the first.....

:spaz::spaz::spaz: Happy Birthday! :spaz::spaz::spaz:

10. beginner84

beginner84 Active Member

i second :spaz::spaz::spaz:

11. euan

euan Active Member

Happy birthday! Have a good one!:dance:

12. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

I got up at 4:30 today to head to the gym and find these birthday wishes here already. You guys are the best. Thanks!

13. Rise

Rise Active Member

Happy birthday CG! Can you tell me how you make them go backwards like that??? Oh wait, they only look like they are going backwards, I get it :lol:

14. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Hey Carguy!!!!

Attached Files:

#34 Justitia, Jul 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  15. John Stone

John Stone John Stone
    Staff Member Owner

Happy Birthday, Mike! :)

16. George

George Senior Member

Happy Birthday, CG! :dance:

17. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

I remember when 55 was considered a senior citizen. :lol: If anybody says that to me now, I whip out a picture of you CG and that shuts them up.:lol: Happy birthday, and many more.

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Happy birthday Mike!!

19. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

PlainGreyT, euan, Rise, Justitia, John, George, Jordan, Paul....thanks for the well wishes. Morning has gone great so far. Gym, work, lunch. Going out for dinner tonight. See if I can use my senior citizen discount.:D

20. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

happy birthday carguy!! you are one studly 55 year old thats for sure.