1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Careering towards 30!

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Bucketofchicken, May 13, 2013.

1. Bucketofchicken

This is my online journal to gauge my progress as I embark on a mission to get myself fit, lose weight and generally improve my lifestyle ahead of my big 30 in January. I will be adding frequent updates so that I can see the difference and this should hopefully motivate me to keep up with it!

Short term goals (12th May - 30th September)

1) To run the London "Run to the beat" half marathon on 8th September in less than 1:55 (the same half marathon last year I completed in 2:01)
    2) To weigh less than 210 LBS by 30th September

Long term goals (by my 30th birthday in mid January)

1) To weigh less than 200 LBS
    2) Be in the best shape of my life!
    3) Have lost the belly! (ok the last two are not clearly defined!)

Starting stats:

Height - 6ft 1"
    Weight - 243.4 LBS

Weight log:

25th May 2013 - 234.8 LBS
    18th May 2013 - 235.6 LBS
    12th May 2013 - 243.4 LBS

Wish me luck!

#1 Bucketofchicken, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  2. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Good luck bro hope you stick with it :tucool:

3. Bradley326

Bradley326 Active Member

I'm with ya! I'll be turning 30 in March. I wish you the best of luck and I'll be following your journal.

4. Bucketofchicken

Help keep me honest fellow 29er!

5. Bucketofchicken

Weekly update time...

One thing I forgot to mention in my introductory post was that the day I had started this schedule I had come back from a week long holiday down at the parents house where I had eaten and drank like a king!

I'm hoping that this would explain the 8 LBS weight loss and that the majority of it is water.

This week I've eaten quite healthily. Breakfasts have mostly been a small helpings of granola with yogurt (with the exception of yesterday which was a slice of toast with butter). Lunches during the week have been salad based and I haven't snacked at all. Evening meals have been smaller and less fattier for example - lean chicken, broccoli or simple omelettes.

I had a couple of glasses of wine yesterday to see the weekend in.

There hasn't been much in the way of excercise this week. Today I played tennis (badly!) and tomorrow I will go for a run.

My objectives for next week is more of the same but I intend to ramp up the excercise by commuting to work on the road bike a couple of times this week (14 miles one way). Until I'm fit enough I won't be cycling both ways in a day, I will cycle in one day and get the train back in the evening.

I suspect that I'm going to need to eat more on cycling days otherwise I'm going to feel uncomfortably hungry and will end up eating rubbish.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

6. petvan

petvan Well-Known Member

Good luck on the journey. Any specific diet plans? I think your goals are very doable if you keep the calories right.

Pete

7. Bucketofchicken

Weekly update time...

Not as good a week as the previous two weeks so I'm pleased that I ended the week at 234.8 I'm thinking / hoping there is some excess water in there as I ate and drank a little too much last night.

I started doing the 5:2 plan this week, mainly because I found it quite interesting and I enjoyed reading up on the science behind it. I will continue doing this for the next couple of weeks before I move on to the lean gains method. I do like a challenge.

One thing is clear, I need to get more exercise into my routine so I will be running and cycling more next week.

I'm going to need it after the long weekend...:o