1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Cardio with MaxOT? Help please.

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by superman0218, Jan 27, 2004.

1. superman0218

superman0218 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've been following the Max-OT training guide, and it's great. Excellent detail about how to go about exercises and why. What it does not really mention in depth is how to incorporate cardio.

I know it says to do cardio 8-12 hours before or after your workout for 30 minutes, but it doesn't say how to do this - e.g. interval training, etc.

Any thoughts? John?

2. NME

NME Well-Known Member

I used Max-OT weight training. On weight training days, I will do mid-range cardio. On my off days, I will do HIIT.

On mid-range days, I run for 45 minutes, not 30. So far this has been quite effective for both shedding fat and maintaining muscle.

3. map200uk

map200uk Well-Known Member

hey famous,

i havent tried max ot yet, but have read a lot about it and will do in the near future, but mild cardio on training days and hiit on off days isnt that a bit too much?

Could i ask what your workout is

Mark

4. NME

NME Well-Known Member

Nah, it's not too much (for me, anyhow). Like I said, I haven't lost any strength (which leads me to believe I've maintained a large part of, if not all of, my muscle mass). I've even added size to my calves and thighs while cutting.

When you say "workout," do you mean what I do for cardio or lifting?