1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Stop Eating Pizza

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by myrandom2009, Apr 15, 2010.

1. BJ

BJ Active Member

FIRED UP!!! Thanks for the link! mmmmmm... pizza :drool:

2. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

I love pizza, too. I would eat it every day if I could.
    You are probably addicted to cheese. Besides pizza, do you eat a lot of cheese or crave cheese in general?

3. Robert2006

Robert2006 Active Member

You don't even need toppings. Plain white pizza is great for sandwiches. Best warm with some thing that kind of melts.

If you make it by hand it's even a bit of a workout :D

4. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

I could live off of pizza! :eat:

I like cheese on my sammiches, broccoli, burgers, chicken. But besides that, no :p

5. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

YEAH!!!

Here is my crust recipe(borrowed form someone else, customized, can't take full credit), this is enough for 3 pizza doughs. The longest i'll let them set in the fridge is 5 days, then I'll freeze. The longer the dough sits, imo, the better.

ngrediants,..

1tbl sugar
    1tbl salt
    one packet dry active yeast
    2.5 cups warm water
    about 6 cups or so of flour (if you can find bread flour that is better,..)
    2tbl of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

1. in large bowl mix sugar, salt, yeast, 2 cups flour and oil

2. add in 2.5 cups of 110 degree hot / warm water and stir until soupy!

3. this should sit for about 20 minutes until the yeast starts to bubble

4. then add the remaining flour and kneed for about 6-8 minutes, or until dough becomes firm ( this is one of the hardest parts,..knowing when to start and when to stop,...but it is better to over kneed then to under kneed)

5. cut ball into three equal pieces and roll them into balls,...coat the outside of them with a little EVOO, store two away for later use. Let sit atleast 24 hours in the fridge.

When ready, pre-heat your oven and stone to the hottest temp the oven gets(500-550, maybe more depending on how lucky you are(hotter the better)). Let it heat a full hour-hour and a half.

While the oven is heating you should take out a ball of dough and let it reach room temp.

When the oven is ready. Make your crust on a pizza peel, add sauce and toppings of choice. Gently slide pizza off of pizza peel onto the HOT pizza stone. This can take some practice, I have messed up a pizza or two by not using enough flower or letting the dough sit too long on the peel. Once in the oven, let it cook for ~6 minutes or until pizza is done.

Prepair for some awesome pizza!!!

Once you have the crust down then I'd mess with homemade sauces and the like. Then it becomes quite fun!

#25 Dizmal, May 7, 2010
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
  6. BJ

BJ Active Member

Me too! I think that I tried it once some time back... I ate pizza every day for something like 13 days straight... I have also eaten pizza for every meal for about 4 days straight.

(And I weighed > 200 lbs and had a waist line > 40"... coincidence? :doh:)

7. myrandom2009

myrandom2009 Active Member

Its funny because i did the same thing in college. It was February 2000 and out of 29 days, i had pizza 25 of them for a bill of $250. Granted i shared with my roommates, but i feel like i am still working that weight off now. So yes i potentially could live off pizza.

8. jbivens

jbivens Active Member

Can't and won't are two different things. Not to sound like a cheesy quote but "Whether you think you CAN or you think you CAN'T, you're right". It's not that you can't stop eating pizza. It's that you won't stop eating pizza. If you choose to not put the pizza in your mouth, you won't eat it. :)

9. harshathlete

harshathlete Active Member

Dont get stuck in the either/or mentality.... ( Either I have to eat pizza everyday or swear off of pizza completely )...
    For starters, you could have 1 slice ( instead of 2 ) and add a small salad to go with your pizza. That way you can have you cake ( pizza ) and eat it too ( only 1 slice ).
    OR you can decide to eat your current 2-3 slices of pizza every other day. That way you can still "manage" you craving for a day knowing that you can eat it again tomorrow.

Besides, if you try to eat pizza every other day or even once a week, you will notice that you enjoy the pizza more and you may even find that eating it once a week makes it taste a lot better.

You CAN eat pizza/ice cream/insert your weakness here/ everyday and still lose weight as long as you maintain a calorie deficit. But from personal experience, I know that I dont *need* to eat it everyday to enjoy it. I compare it to taking a vacation.....Going to the beach and taking it easy EVERYDAY sounds good in theory but you will enjoy it more after working hard for say 3 months and then going to the beach and relaxing for a week.

HTH
    Harshathlete

10. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

Mmm here is my latest pizza using the crust recipe and cooking instructions above. Dough got a little too warm while sitting out. Made tossing it into a circular shape very difficult...

For toppings I was basic and lazy: regular shredded mozzarella, San Marzano Marinera sauce and boars head pepporoni. I throw in fennel seeds to give the taste of sausage without all the added cals. Works quite well if I don't say so myself ;) Normally I'll make my own sauce and use better cheeses, but again I was lazy! Still tasted excellent!!

[​IMG]