1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't Afford a Ski Machine?

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by HevyMetal, May 4, 2007.

1. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Go over to Uncle Gustav's and look around in his basement for his old roller-derby-type rollerskates.

If they fit, get him to sell them to you.

Put them on and lace them so that you're seated into the shoe but still have lots of ankle flexibility.

Stand on a flat surface like a cement basement floor and perform cross-country ski motions.(Slide feet simultaneously front and back oppositely in a strict forward/backward motion.)

Hang onto something for balance if need be.

If your balance is good, swing your arms at same time using light dumbells.

You can change the resistance simply by changing the surface you're doing these on.

The harder flatter the surface, the easier the resistance will be.

But don't be fooled by that. After you've done these for 5 minutes your upper thighs will definitely be feeling it.

The inline skates are not as good as the old type for this.:)

2. spectre

spectre Active Member

Be sure to check out your local Craigslist though. There is no shortage of NordicTrack Ski Machines in my area going for around $50-$75.

3. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

Good point...:)

The Craigslist in my area and suurounding bergs still seems to have not caught on yet. The listings are a little anaemic.

Most people put their stuff in "Buy-Sell-Trade" paper here.

The average Nordic Trac Ski Machine in half decent shape goes for any where from 200 to 250 Cdn.

I looked at one once here. It was listed at 200 bucks.

When I got there the guy said "how much did my wife put this in the paper for? I said 200$ and showed him the clipping. He said " Well I could get 230$ for this right now from a guy I know"

I said "You do that".....and immediately got into into my vehicle and left.

#3 HevyMetal, May 5, 2007
    Last edited: May 6, 2007
  4. jesse1

jesse1 Well-Known Member

I just bought an Achiever which is the top end of the NordicTrack ski machine line for $50 in excellent shape with the working computer and pulse monitor. (craigslist)