1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Canoscan's Cutting Log.

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by canoscan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. canoscan

canoscan Well-Known Member

Woot. I finished my bulk, and now I'm starting Meltdown Training, the product of Don Alessi (who after my workout like 2 hours ago, is the devil).

Hopefully some of you war vets (getting fit is a war ain't it?) get some laughs at my pain and anguish throughout the next 6 weeks or so.

And if Coach Alessi is the devil, whoever invented deadlifts is his right hand man. Seriously, I thought Full Range Squats were hard, dead lifts killed me. I was supposed to do 3 circuits, but I could only get 2. If I tried for a third I wouldn't be allowed back in the gym. I think vomiting profusely all over the gym is looked down upon.

My diet for this is kind of like the T-Dawg diet, except I changed it up a little bit, adding a bit more carbs and a bit less protein.

Also, I changed the Meltdown training with HIIT twice a week. We'll see how this pans out, and if it doesn't get me ripped, it'll kill me.

2. canoscan

...pain.

I think my deadlift form wasn't so good. And now my back hates me because of it. Hopefully it'll shut up tomorrow when I have to work out again.

3. williamso

williamso Well-Known Member

If you're not sure about your form, I'd suggest you drop the weight down and focus on your form. A serious injury could be major (even permenant) problems for your future. Sure don't want that!

Anytime I start a new movement in weight lifting, I do around 18 reps/set for a while until the form becomes natural and habitual. Then I increase the weight until I'm down to much lower reps/set. If it is a new movement, you'll probably make gains even in the high rep sets at the beginning.

There's no progress without pain, but not all pain means progress.

4. canoscan

Yeah, I put on the wrong weight at first, I'm supposed to lift tomorrow, but im not going to. I'll wait till friday, and use a lighter weight.

5. canoscan

Deadlifts have officially drawn blood. Seriously, they're epic.

6. canoscan

I've switched my program, mainly because circuit training doesn't go over very well at my gym. I've switched to Waterbury 10x3 training, which is tough, but awesome. I think I freaked some people out at my gym, as my shins were bleeding from deadlifts, and I just kept on lifting.

7. canoscan

HIIT is hard. Even for 5 minutes of 30 second intervals, it's hard. I think for the 3 days of HIIT (is that too much?) I'm going to stick with 5 minutes of intervals, then next week, I'll go to 6.

And I've also decided to quit smoking. Yay me.

8. chris0374

chris0374 Active Member

Congrats on the decision to quit smoking!!! Maybe quitting smoking will help you make HIIT easier???

9. canoscan

Thank you. And well, over all cardio has gotten alot easier for me, regardless of smoking, compared to when I started working out about 4 months ago. I think I'm just not used to the intensity of HIIT. Though definately, quitting smoking can't hurt at all. Ahaha.

I have a sample of my current diet (i pretty much eat the same thing everyday) but I wanted to try zig zagging it, but I'm not sure how much lower I can go. Any tips to anybody who bothers to read this?

#9 canoscan, Jan 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  10. canoscan

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have trouble with the last set on 10x3 training.

11. canoscan

I feel bad about myself. I pretty much at fastfood from the night before yesterday to yesterday night. I went snowboarding, and thats all there was to eat. (edit) Who am I kidding? I could've gotten a sandwich or something, but oh well, past is past. Ahaha, I don't feel bad about going off my diet, as I'm diligently back on it right now, but the fact that I put that much garbage into my body over a 24 hour period.

#11 canoscan, Jan 21, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  12. canoscan

After not doing circuit training I realized how annoying the people who do it are. I was using the pull up machine, and I don't have very long rest periods. I was about to get back on, some guy runs over throws my towel on the floor (doesn't even hand it to me) and jumps on. Didn't ask how many sets I had, couldn't wait the 2 minutes it would've taken me to finish. I wanted to pull him off and stomp on his face. And then, this girl was using the bench for both bench pressing and crunches, then she would go use the preacher bench only to use the leg curl machine after, while leaving her towel on the first bench so no one could use it. When I did circuits, i would bring my shit with me because I realized I wasn't the most important person in the gym, and if somebody was using whatever I had to use, I'd wait, or do another exercise.

Anyways, on a brighter note, I had an awesome workout.

13. canoscan

I'm done with the shortened rest periods of 10x3 training, for the next two weeks I get to add weight. Which is good, because I think I started it with less weight then I should have. Ah well, no harm in that I suppose. And I found out we have a track at school, even though it's in the middle of nowhere on campus, it's awesome because I don't have to use the terrible cardio equipment at the gym AND I can feel like I'm on tv or something sprinting on the track (...only to walk incredibly slow while panting :whistle: ). And today I had an awesome workout, and besides my one cheat meal (biryani and butter chicken, hellz yeah) I've stuck to the plan. I also have a new picture for anyone who reads this (insert tumbleweed).

And anyone can help me with this, I'm really not sure of my BF%. I'm terrible with the calipers and the scale says I'm 15.5%. I think the scale is close, but I'm not sure.

#13 canoscan, Jan 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  14. canoscan

I guess the title isn't catchy enough.

15. canoscan

I've discovered the only proof that there is a god. Mustard. Mustard is seriously the best condiment known to man. Fuck ketchup. Ketchup has way too much sugar, and isn't nearly as enjoyable an experience as mustard. And what is possibly the best part about mustard (which I learned a few days ago), the cheaper you go, the better the mustard. I bought no-name brand mustard (99 cents for a squeeze bottle bigger then the French's ones, which are like 2.50) mainly because since going on my cutting diet, which has been all chicken and turkey for meat, I've been going through a squeeze bottle of mustard every 4-5 days. And man, what a good financial decision. I get 5 for the price of 2, and it tastes better.

Expect more tid-bits of randomness. I consider this journal a creative outlet, to sprinkle my random thoughts in between the logs of my cut.

16. The_Tic

The_Tic Well-Known Member

Good luck with your cut!
    Congrats on quitting smoking as well. :tucool:

17. canoscan

Thanks. The smoking thing is still in progress though, but it's getting there.

18. canoscan

Woot me. I managed to do the total amount of intervals I planned today, unlike last week. It was tough though. I'm going to the track again tomorrow.

19. chris0374

chris0374 Active Member

True that true that! Oh, and you forgot hot sauce. :drool:

20. canoscan

Hot sauce is definately good, I just don't enjoy it the way I enjoy mustard. Mustard is godly.

Anyways, Today I did interval training again, and it's awesome not almost dying at the end of it. Next week I'm adding another interval. And it can only get harder from now on.