1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Can you predict my caloric intake?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Advice For Beginners' started by autumngirl, Apr 26, 2016.

1. autumngirl

autumngirl Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

It's not that I am lazy but my fitness pal is not always working from where I am.

My eating plan every day:
    Morning: 3-4 spoons of cottages cheese with vegetables (chilli, capsicum, olives, etc) and drops of olive oil + 3/4 of brown bread.
    Afternoon: 1.75 cup of cooked white rice + 1 cup of diced chicken breasts seasoned with spices + 4-7 cups of fresh vegetables (carrot, cucumber, lettuce)
    Night: 1 medium sized orange

Can you predict my caloric intake?

I suspect I have a deficiency, my planned caloric intake is 1100-1300 calories/day.

2. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Yes, you are definitely under-eating. I don't even have to total up that meager amount of food to know that. You're eating an orange for dinner. This is not healthy, nor is it sustainable. The diet you listed is hurting you, not helping you.

That's okay, though, we can fix this. :)

The first thing you need to do is get an accurate total of your caloric intake. You said MFP is not always reachable? Can you elaborate? If your Internet service is decent, MFP should be reachable from pretty much anywhere on the planet.

Second, spend some time reading the fat loss stickies here in the beginner's forum: BEGINNERS/NEW MEMBERS -> START HERE!

There's a wealth of information in those threads, and it will empower you.