1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Can you believe it!?! Justitia's 70! But don't worry -- I plan to return to being heavenly :-)

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Justitia, Apr 27, 2018.

1. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

When I worked the night shift, I used to wear a blindfold to sleep in the day. It may help you to sleep a little later.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds as if you're putting together a nice plan.

3. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Thanks, Seltzer.

Ironically, Macdiver, this AM when I woke up again this early AM, I decided to use a sleep mask that I bought 10 years ago but hadn't used in years. I didn't expect it to work - but I fell so sound asleep, I had the best sleep in a long time - and even slept through a Skype appointment who had to call me and wake me up.

I have 3 of them but I thought I would buy some new ones. Well, apparently not only did the brand change its design but so have all the others and people complain that they now fall apart in months. (Bucky Eye Shades.) There even people who say they've been a big fan of Bucky for years but now its products are very bad.

So I am glad I have 3 of them. I thought I would be bothered sleeping with them but apparently not. :)

4. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

So I ended up pigging out on a lot of fruit I bought last night. I had to go to a retirement luncheon for a couple of staff members who I was pretty close with - so I knew my meal would be screwed up. But I managed to only eat food on my food plan, though the quantities were off. I've eaten very little today.

I had to miss my gym spin class but I walked a mile home from the university in the sun.

The gym classes must be doing something good -- I was getting compliments at the university about how good I looked -- and trim(mer)...lol.

And I am feeling physically better and overall more energetic, flexible and stronger. So for now - given that I can get myself to go to the gym - I am making progress.

Food:

1 "wet" cappuccino - with sugar-free syrup and about 4 oz of half and half milk and then another one with about 3 oz half and half milk.

2. Several asparagus spears wrapped in Prosciutto.

If I eat dinner - it will be butterflied leg of lamb marinated in my own lemon/garlic/shallots/seasoning combo and my own veggie melange with either broccoli zucchini and yellow squash - or french green beans.

My anxiety about my partner's estate stuff and other matters is causing me to lose my appetite for today. But it balances out yesterday overload of fruit. I know that's not a healthy approach but I am struggling right now - and at least I am sugar-free and not binging on cake and ice cream....

Hope to make it to the gym tomorrow.

5. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I just checked the distance between home and my office - it is exactly 1 mile walking... There is absolutely no excuse for me not to walk to work instead of taking Uber. It's just I am always running late all the time. Need to change that...

6. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Yes, in good weather, it is a shame not to walk.

7. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

not sure how "eating really healthy" requires letting go of berries/figs/milk! none of those are crazy high sugar/carbs and will just give you energy for life and your workouts. is your goal to eat low carb or keto?

improvement to your mobility and flexibility and slowing getting stronger are all HUGE benefits!! your hard work is paying off. little steps!
    glad to hear the sleep mask is helping too!

8. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    If you're going to binge, fruit is a pretty damn good option.

9. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

:cry:My gym - right next door to where I live -- noted as one of the best gyms in the country (Brick Bodies) - just emailed and called that they are closing this particular branch b/c they couldn't get an agreement with the landlord. They have other locations but I have to drive to them all.

When I first moved here -- I joined the best gym in the city. It was a 15 min walk or drive away + 5 min to get down the elevator in my building plus 5 min to get in there. And in the winter...I couldn't go dressed to work out so I would have to go to the locker room and changed. So in the first year - I went once.

So despite the fact the gym at that time right next door to my building was less than stellar - I decided to switch there - and I went fairly regularly. And then a year later, it was taken over by Brick Bodies - and it turned into the most fantastic gym ever - and it has been my gym for 23 years.

Now it is going to be gone in 3 weeks. :cry::cry::cry:

23 years. It seems like bit by bit my home's benefits are gradually eroding away.

Not abstinent on my food pan but not eating badly either. As Seltzer points out -- fruit binges are about the best binges you can have.

:kickrock:

10. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

damn that sucks

11. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Bummer about your gym.

12. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

Sucks about your gym. Maybe you can find out which gym the instructor you like will move to and go there if it isn't too far.

Seltzer likes this.
  13. Shamie

Shamie Senior Member

Maybe a new gym will take over the vacant space. Good luck.

14. M@

M@ Monster Maker 2017

Media:
    Albums:
    This. :tucool: