1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Calcium question

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by Lisa Stone, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Fudgam

Fudgam Well-Known Member

Anybody in a health field or familiar with biology, there is always an opposite to everything in your body. Biceps-triceps. Hot:sweat-cold:shiver. I am POSITIVE that magnesium will clear you out, trust me on this one ;). Calcium is the opposite to magnesium, so Im guessing that it would make you constipated.(not sure on that though)

2. brownguy

brownguy Well-Known Member

3. Fudgam

Fudgam Well-Known Member

From that website:
    I know men have estrogen too.

As for womens estrogen levels falling off after menopause, what they need to do is start progesterone therapy. While estrogen levels plumit, progesterone levels can go to zero.
    If you guys want a good read, look up where estrogen for HRT comes from. Youd be suprised and disgusted....Its not hard to find.

edit:// This site says it all pretty clearly http://www.rense.com/general16/estro.htm

#23 Fudgam, Feb 19, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  4. Ansett

Ansett Well-Known Member

Brownguy, thanks for your input. In the health field, yes. Not employable yet, though. ;) I'm in PA school. I don't know if you know what PA's are...you have them in your military, but your country doesn't have civilian PA's yet.

5. Lisa Stone

Lisa Stone Senior Member
    Platinum Member

Thanks for that link, Brownguy :)

6. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

The National Osteoporosis Foundation has recommended TumsĀ® as an excellent source of calcium. (from http://www.calciuminfo.com/index.htm)

Good enough for me. Though I will be sure to keep my daily level below 2500mg. Usually, I take just one antacid a day, and get calcium from other sources for the rest (including my multivitamin). The bottle says you can take up to ten, but that would put you above that limit.

Glad I came back to read this thread. Lots of good info here!

7. brownguy

brownguy Well-Known Member

Nope, didn't know what PA's were. Had to look it up. Physician Assistant?

8. Ansett

Ansett Well-Known Member

Yes, that's right...also called Physician Associate since the word "assistant" is so misleading sometimes.