1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Ca$on's return to the lions den

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by CA$ON, Nov 24, 2012.

1. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Its been too long and its time for a new cut. 5'10 and 250 lbs i feel like crap. Details to come this is my first step to get things going.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

2. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Struggling with normal life and going after my goals of owning my own business again has put me back to fat. Its horrible but fun at the same time since, I know its possible to change what I did to myself. No working out, bad diet, tons of craft beer... It's time to end it and get my body back to a healthy stage. My energy went to 0 and I don't like to do much activity.

The dilemma I need to address first is diet and then workout space along with workouts. This new journal will be tailored to my real life struggles and how I'm going to over come them hoping it might help others that might be in the same spot.

Diet plan will be worked out by Monday mid day. The diet will consist of only using the outside perimeter of the grocery store and the end's of the aisle's. Of course if cookies are at the end of the aisle those will not be picked up (common sense). Macros will be added in later, at this time I want to just eat healthy good foods. Healthy good foods to me are something that is not processed. The main problem I see ahead is how will I get my energy if I can't drink diet soda or coffee. I think that I will allow black coffee with a non fat creamer for flavor, no extra sugar added.

The gym to be used will be the next hurdle, as of right now my home is becoming tiny with all of my work related items taking up space. I will try to clean my home gym to allow space for workouts, at this time it has a lot of my work items in it. If I can not find space for my items I will sign up at a local gym.

Next hurdle morning, afternoon, or night workouts. Still undecided on this and I may incorporate morning and night. Workouts using weights tire my whole body out, where as light cardio can get me going in the mornings. My thoughts at this time would be cardio in the morning and weights at night. Also after a workout with weight my appetite becomes strong but curved with less amounts of food.

Also this journal is open to all questions and critiquing. I don't mind people post in it. Thanks for reading.:tucool:

3. jasoncurry29

jasoncurry29 Well-Known Member

Cool

Can't wait to see... Didn't you follow dr. Dardens methods last time? Low calories and hit weight training? How do you feel about those methods now? Jason

4. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Yes i followed those methods in the past and think they are super effective. I would like to stay with those methods for this cut. Ive been debating about easing into my diet with some frozen meals along with healthy meals just to start. I will put more thought into it while im on my business trip til sunday. I know that i want to eat less than 2k calories a day.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

5. BJ

BJ Active Member

OK... you and me both brother! I just went for a run... time to get back on the pony! Think I'm going to start a new journal for a fresh start

Welcome back Chris!

6. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Thanks BJ. I've been eating better and trying to schedule my meals and eat smaller amounts more often. Lowered my beer intake :lol: .

Also still thinking about an option for my gym. I really love using the home gym so some cleaning will be required, I will wait for my lady to help me on Monday to come up with some ideas to get things moved around, she wants to start as well.

Can't wait to see your new journal man! :tu:

If I showed a picture of my self now RTE would just shake his head... Start pictures will be taken soon.

7. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Did the St. Pete Color Run (Just walked and a little jog) last Saturday. It was a very cool event:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So here are some good starting pictures. :tucool:

8. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

9. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Just about done cleaning the gym out. Having some thoughts on workout and routine along with cardio.

Looking to do a 3 day full body workout again or maybe splitting up the body parts over the 3 days. Still deciding.

Also cardio just to help with the fat loss and of course health I want to do as much of it as I can such as days not for how long. So I hope to do it 30 minutes a day for 5+ days. Starting slow and then working up to a HIIT for 15 minutes or less and a couple minute cool down.

I need to get the rest of the gym cleaned out and then I can take a look at the equipment and space to see what workouts are possible along with weight.

Side note: Being over weight has made me a very lazy person along with not being too happy to go out and have fun. I would say being in shape not only changes your "look" but also mindset along with energy. The confidence factor is always nice as well.

I know this is taking me sometime, but I always rush into things so I want this plan to stay around for a while and make sure I'm happy with it for the long run.

10. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Cleaned out the rest of the gym today and did my first workout. Around 30 minutes of just playing around and getting the feeling back. It's just like riding a bike. I put low weight on and did a slow cadence and then my body just wanted more, so I added some more weight and just had fun. :tucool:

Love the pump feeling, it is impossible to replicate with any other activity for me.

My fat A$$ is on the road to success, I was tired of just worrying about this and that...once again you cant worry if your not living, and you cant be living unless you are healthy...so its a catch 22 and its more important to be healthy than to worry about mindless worthless items if you cant live.:bb:

I know this has started out as the Pansy CA$ON but trust me, it will soon turn into beast mode. :flex:

Today's song that got me ready for battle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KXYVv36-Lk

#10 CA$ON, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  11. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Haven't seen you around here in a minute, good to have you back

12. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Thanks! Doing pretty good on diet so far.

13. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Felt sick past two days. So ive been resting a good bit.

Sent from a mobile device using telephone number 727-320-3986 text capable.

14. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Cardio today clean back yard and move a bunch of plants in the nice hot sun. Great pulled my lower back moving my monster pineapple plant :blank:. Oh well so for workout only doing sitting bicep and tricep workout trying not to agitate my back anymore. Oh well gives me some time to plan meals and recipes for this week and next.

Is it worth me posting videos on youtube or face book on what I'm cooking and logging what I bought with cost? Just curious if anyone cared.

15. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

I'd appreciate reading those logs. Even better if you lose weight, or bodyfat.

16. matalo

matalo Well-Known Member

Ca$on, I just wanted to welcome you back. You helped me a couple years ago by sending me your full body routine. Glad to see you are recommitting.

17. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. Do you have a journal to follow? Also how did you like the routine?

Sent from a mobile device using telephone number 727-320-3986 text capable.

18. matalo

matalo Well-Known Member

I do, sir. Here it is: Matalo

I liked your routine, but I have since switched to Mastover's 9 week "cut / bulk" routine. I have lost quite a bit of weight (Honestly, all due to the bypass I had last year). I am down to 165 from 215 (had surgery on June 25, 2012), but initially I started off at 311 in 2006. I am now skinny fat and want to get some muscle.

#18 matalo, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  19. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Thanks I will put together some items! :tu:

20. CA$ON

CA$ON Well-Known Member

Back is doing better I would say 85-90%. I will still do a workout today but nothing that will use the back too much. I want to once again just get in the gym and pound out some good reps to keep me going. This week I HAVE TO create a workout log and track progress.

At this time with much thought and research, I decided to build as much muscle as I can for a couple of months without adding too much fat if possible. The reasoning behind this is that I have a good body mass now to move weight that will help in the heavier sets, also when I get down to the 180-190lb range I will have more muscle than before and should show more muscle. The goal for the next cut will be slow and steady, so I dont waste away the muscle I'm building now.

I know a lot of people will say my plan is stupid or what not, but this is what I would like to test and try something different than what I'm use to.

Diet once again is still going to be high protein and lower carb than what I've done in the past.

At this time I'm going to take a look at the JSF tools to see if I can incorporate and share with this journey. :tucool: