1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Butterflyer's Allergy & Fitness Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Butterflyer, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

Ooh, that new book looks good too! mmmm, strawberries.....:drool:

Now that I've been able to add a couple things back to my diet since birch season ended, I'm feeling like there's a lot of variety.:tu: I *really* missed the peanut butter for those couple months.:spaz: It's only about 2 and a half months of boring, and it seems much less boring now that I know pretty well what I *can* eat.:nod:

And around shot time, my diet is almost all about bread and milk. This weekend, I also ate some ramen and vanilla fudge brownie ice cream.:eat:

My shots went great today!!:claphigh:

Scale:127.8 lbs.
    Omron: 25.4%
    Food: 1493 cal, 19.1%P, 56.5%C, 24.4%F
    Cheerios, milk, wheat bread, peanut butter, grape all-fruit jelly, brown rice, brussels sprouts, turkey, milk, sweet potato, ziti with meat sauce leftovers
    Allergy medicine: 1 clarinex, 3 chlorpheniramine, 3 sudafed
    Supplements: calcium/d, magnesium oxide
    Exercise: none
    Water: 3.5 liters

I'm going to eat the leftover pasta a little bit later.

2. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

AGAIN!!:jumping:

:drool: all those yummeee carbs !

3. xingcat

xingcat Well-Known Member

2 and a half months of boring is way too much boring for me. 2 and a half minutes of boring is too much boring. :blank:

4. kateykate

kateykate Well-Known Member

:) :) :) Thaaanks, that's an awesome compliment! The narrator reminded me of my mother, funnily enough! I have an Eastern European background on my Dad's side, and when I read it I could *hear* the accents in my head. :lol:

5. Butterflyer

:nod: El jefe makes very good meat sauce and ziti!

:lol: Fortunately, that's only the food part of life. The rest of my life never seems boring. And sometimes, I could really use a little boring, just for a break.

Oh, cool!!

Yesterday:
    Scale:128.8 lbs.
    Omron: 26.2%
    Food: 1849 cal, 17.9%P, 42.1%C, 40%F
    egg, banana, steak, sweet potato, pasta, broccoli, cauliflower, peanut butter, wheat bread, milk, cake!
    Allergy medicine: 1 clarinex, 3 chlorpheniramine, 4 sudafed
    Supplements: none
    Exercise: 1 hour walk
    Water: 3.5 liters

I was going to do my leg workout yesterday, but my heart rate was insane by the end of the walk. I've been getting allergic, so I looked up my test again. I forgot I was allergic to meadow fescue, which is actually a grass that's high right now.:doh: Ooooops. I just started having some trouble with my nose, and my sinuses were hurting, but things are clearing up with extra medicine. It's still not as bad as tree season, yay!!

6. Butterflyer

Scale:127.8 lbs.
    Omron: 26.2%
    Food: 1643 cal, 22.9%P, 55.1%C, 22%F
    Cheerios, milk, sweet potato, chicken, brown rice, brussels sprouts, peanut butter, wheat bread, pinto beans, cheddar cheese, red potato
    Allergy medicine: 1 clarinex, 3 chlorpheniramine, 5 sudafed
    Supplements: none
    Exercise: leg workout
    Water: 3 liters

My left leg wasn't bothering me, so I was able to do all my squats and step ups and lunges. Hooray!

7. kateykate

How high are your step ups? They're not really my favourite things, just quietly. But I would do them under sufference. One of the trainers at my gym has been making all her clients do these funny lunges where the legs aren't straight (train track style). Not quite sure what the deal is, but they look interesting.

8. Butterflyer

They're only 10 inches, because that's how tall my step is.:( I will get a taller one someday. A weight bench is a little too tall for me-- I need to find something in between. For now, though, this is working ok. I have to concentrate pretty hard to keep a decent rhythm going with my feet.:doh:

What are these funny lunges?:confused: I'm trying to picture them and can't!

Scale:128.8 lbs.
    Omron: 26.5%
    Food: 1898 cal, 14.6%P, 50.3%C, 35.1%F
    Peanut butter, milk, chicken, brown rice, green beans, pasta, chocolate
    Allergy medicine: 1 clarinex, 3 chlorpheniramine, 3 sudafed, baking soda in water
    Supplements: magnesium citrate
    Exercise: hour walk with my friend, shoulders/abs/calves workout

My allergies got out of control, so I drank some baking soda in water today. I feel a little better now. I hope I can sleep better tonight, I've been having a tough time with that this week....
    Water: 3 liters

9. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sorry to read about the recent allergy flare up; it seemed that you were turning a corner with your sensitivity. I hope things subside very shortly.

Nice going on still doing your walk and the 3 liters of water. :tu:

10. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Really sorry the meadow fescue is giving you a hard time :(

I love step ups, but prefer doing it with a BB and weights than DBs, same for lunges.

11. Butterflyer

Thanks, Paul.:) The baking soda seemed to break the cycle.:tu: I usually have a little in some water when I get my shots now, but this time didn't. It's funny how something so small can make a pretty big difference-- it does provide an immediate remedy for allergic reactions, but it also seems to last beyond that. Perhaps I generally don't get enough sodium in my diet, and maybe that's why ramen seems to help too.:confused:

I'm doing better now!:D

I think about trying lunges with BB, but I think my balance is not good enough, so keeping my center of gravity closer to the ground works better right now. Maybe someday!:spaz: With step ups I still have to look at the step to make sure I get my feet on it.:doh:

I'm now feeling the way I was feeling when that ultrasound doctor told me I'd probably had an ovarian cyst. It doesn't help that antihistamines kind of stop up your digestion.:( So I'm kind of only eating just when I really get hungry, otherwise I feel kind of nauseated. Bleh.:p At least I don't have to take antihistamines now.:claplow:

Last night was my last gig for a little while, and now we get 3 weeks off from rehearsing. :nod:

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Best wishes for a very happy birthday!

13. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes happy happy!

14. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

Have a great birthday!!

15. Butterflyer

:spaz: Thanks you guys!:wave: :love: :D I got my John Stone Forums birthday e-mail, which reminded me that it was my birthday.:lol: I made it to my 40th, hooray!

I've been away from here moping and calming down my allergies. It's worked, and I'm doing a lot better. I think.:confused: I'm now getting the shots every 3 weeks.:tu: The last one went well, and the next one is the first week of August.

I've been doing a lot of yoga, along with weight training whenever I feel like it. It seems it's a lot better for me to be rather relaxed and nonchalant about diet and exercise.:nod: My weight is hovering about 127 lbs, with a lot less effort than a month ago. It may not be less actual effort, but it seems that way.

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You get a birthday e-mail? You must really rate. Well, you do :tucool:, but is this some feature of JSF that I'm not privy to? Not that I need to be reminded of my birthday. I love them.

Glad to read that you're doing better and I hope you have a great time tonight celebrating. Oh and you're still a youngster in my book. :)

17. kateykate

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

BTW I finished reading "Two Caravans" ... highly recommend it.

18. Butterflyer

:D
    Thanks Paul!
    I think everyone gets those birthday e-mails as long as their birth date is in the profile.:confused: Maybe you didn't get one because you used a different e-mail address? I remember you mentioning something about that somewhere along the line.

:wave: Thanks Katey!:D
    I have to try to get that book. Maybe I can get it through our interlibrary loan system. They also have used copies on Amazon.:nod:

Tomorrow night I'm going out to celebrate my birthday with el jefe.:cool: We're going to a Spanish/Portuguese restaurant right down the road. Yum yum yum! I've never been to this place before and have been wanting to go for a while-- I found it last year I think. I don't eat out very much though.

Today I really spent just doing nothing except watching X-files and a little cooking. Tomorrow I'll do more stuff. Oh, and I was on the phone a lot this evening.

In the past weeks, I've been working on a huge decluttering project and also a big photo project. My apartment is looking pretty nice now, and it's so much easier to clean, so that part of tomorrow will be a breeze.:tu:

19. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Butterflyer!! :)

20. bballer143

bballer143 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Enjoy your night out, Butterflyer! :)