1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Butterflyer's Allergy & Fitness Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Butterflyer, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

Sounds fun!
    Are you going to be able to try any of the dishes there?

2. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

No, there's just a lot of dance. Any food that's there is not actually Middle Eastern food, unless they changed it this time. This happens twice a year. They have vendors selling music, jewelry, costumes, DVDs, etc., but I've never seen anything other than pasta and sandwiches for food. I've got a couple of my own sandwiches packed today.:nod:

Different groups and soloists dance on the stage constantly starting Friday evening, all day Saturday 12-10, and Sunday 12-8. The rest of the week prior to the big weekend, you can sign up for dance classes. This evening is the only part I'm getting to this time around, since I really didn't want to overextend myself! I've been too busy lately.:spaz:

3. Butterflyer

Scale:129 lbs.
    Omron: 25.6%
    Food: 1510 cal, 24.7%P, 47%C, 28.3%F
    Eggs, collards, chickpeas, brown rice, peas, brussels sprouts, turkey, cottage cheese, milk, peanut butter
    Allergy medicine: none
    Supplements: none
    Exercise: none
    Water: 3 liters

Now that I'm not having allergy action, I can cut calories for a little while.:nod:

4. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

[​IMG]

5. Butterflyer

Eeeeee!! What a happy bunch of smileys, thanks!!:D

I'm also happy because I was able to eat green peppers the other day with minimal itchiness.:tu:

I was going to write more earlier, but I was writing during a lull at work. That's the perfect way to get people to ask me questions for some reason.:confused: And then a colleague from another branch stopped by, and that was fun.

I had bought Leigh Peele's Fat Loss Troubleshoot and Metabolic Repair Manual a while ago-- I finished Fat Loss Troubleshoot today and started Metabolic Repair Manual. I wish I'd had these a couple of years ago, but maybe I wouldn't have been ready for them at that point. She's definitely big on keeping your system in good working order by doing just what you have to in order to lose fat and no more. I had skimmed through Metabolic Repair Manual before I read the other, and what I was doing for the past year was fairly similar, actually, only it was just based on my own observations of what was going on with me. Her method would probably have been more efficient for me.:nod:

6. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Stay cool, I hope the library is adequately air conditioned.

7. Butterflyer

:nod: Those of us who would like the AC to keep the temp a little under 78F outnumber my immediate supervisor, who likes it 78F and above. Although even that would feel cool today, I think we can all agree that we really don't want the place to smell sweaty.:p Oog.

This might be a good day to live in a cave.

I was out the door at 5:30 a.m. and mostly walked. I was already rather melty when I got back home at about 6:20.

Like you, Paul, I am drinking much water today!:nod:

8. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I had to check on this because I'm known for liking it fairly warm. But 78 is even too hot for me. We set our thermostat at home for 22.5 degrees, which is 72.5. For maximum energy savings, it would be good to keep it a little bit cooler in the winter, and throw on a sweater, and a little bit warmer in the summer, but people tend to like it the other way around. :doh: I kinda think that 78 is a little bit too extreme unless you live in China.

Our library, along with the seniors centres and all town buildings are designated "cooling centres" where people are invited to come to get a break from the heat, so they're required to keep it at a nice comfortable temperature.

Maybe you could set your supervisor's computer screen to this page. :whistle:
    Q. What is room temperature in Fahrenheit?
    A. Room temperature is arround 72 degrees Fahrenheit.

9. Butterflyer

:lol: We've actually had discussions about it, and now people think I like the temperature freezing, when I really just like room temperature. 72F!:nod: My problem a lot of the year is that if the temperature indoors gets well over room temperature, my allergies start acting up, or get worse.:p Right now I won't have that problem-- I was ok working at the other library on Sunday and their air conditioner was not working well. At our branch yesterday the air conditioner continued to work and everything felt very pleasant.:tu:

Yesterday:
    Scale:129.4 lbs.
    Omron: 26.3%
    Food: 1866 cal, 16%P, 53.7%C, 30.3%F
    Eggs, chickpeas, brown rice, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, turkey, cottage cheese, milk, peanut butter, bread, dill spear, cheddar cheese, chocolate glazed cake donut, ramen
    Allergy medicine: none
    Exercise: walking 50 minutes, leg workout
    Water: 3.5 liters

I had to cut the leg workout short a little because my left leg is tight near the knee. Lunges made it hurt, so I stopped those right away. My knee *has* been a little stiff and weird the past few days. My magic wand won't work on my own knee apparently, so I've been using The Stick on my hip and thigh, which is helping.:nod:

10. kateykate

kateykate Well-Known Member

Magic wand? Stick? I like lunges, but get some pain as well. It's annoying. NO ALLERGY MEDICINE!!! :D:D:D:D

11. Butterflyer

Yay, no allergy medicine!!! I've used some saline nasal spray so far today, and that's all. It's just salt water, so I don't really count it as medicine.

I have a virtual magic wand that has apparently worked over the internet for a couple people's knee pain. But I've just been using The Stick here for myself. My leg is still sore. Probably from tension, or maybe from the fact that the left thigh seems to be plain ol' shorter than the right one.

Normally for lunges, I just have balance problems, and I get tired fast because they're kinda hard for me. But this time it was a *bad* pain. :no: Not a lot of pain, but definitely the *bad* kind. Only in the left leg above the knee.

It's so much nicer outside today.:)

12. kateykate

kateykate Well-Known Member

Ergh. Knee pain is bad. I'd have stopped also.

You know, I don't think I've heard of THE stick before, but I reckon maybe things vaguely similar. Maybe.

BTW, saline spray doesn't count, that's like saying lip balm counts.

13. Butterflyer

Hee, that made me think of Lip Balm Anonymous.

I'm also using a big foam roller, and that's really killer on the outside of the thigh. Very helpful.:nod:

14. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

I love my foam roller!!! I'm addicted. I roll out everything...it really helped my knee's when I roll on the outside from the hip all the way down pass my knee.

15. Butterflyer

That's the one!!:nod: Right now it makes me want to cry.:cry: Ouchy!

Today:
    Scale:128.4 lbs.
    Omron: 25.6%
    Food: 1570 cal, 23%P, 55.7%C, 21.3%F
    Egg, wheat bread, brown rice, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, turkey, cottage cheese, sweet potato, milk, peanut butter, cheddar cheese, pinto beans, baby red potatoes
    Allergy medicine: 1 chlorpheniramine, 1 sudafed
    Supplements: 1 calcium/D, 1 magnesium taurate
    Exercise: walking with my friend for 1 hour 20 minutes, shoulders/ab/calves workout for 25 minutes

I was getting itchy before walking, so I took the short acting allergy medicine to prevent trouble. We had a really nice walk, part of which was more of a stroll, kind of relaxing.

I ate red potato tonight and so far haven't gotten itchy from it.:tu: I'm happy that the birch season is over so I can eat some different stuff.:spaz:

Time to sleep....:sleep:

16. Butterflyer

Today:
    Scale:128.2 lbs.
    Omron: 26.1%
    Food: 1589 cal, 21.1%P, 47.4%C, 31.5%F
    Egg, wheat bread, brown rice, brussels sprouts, turkey, cottage cheese, peanuts, sweet potato, milk, peanut butter, cheddar cheese, pinto beans, baby red potatoes, green beans

I had rehearsal tonight and tomorrow is a gig. I'm going to switch workout days to Saturday and Sunday instead of tomorrow and Saturday. Either that, or eat a lot more tomorrow. I can't really decide right now. :confused: I need sleep!:D

#376 Butterflyer, Jun 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  17. Butterflyer

Scale:126.6 lbs.
    Omron: 26.3%
    Food: 1657 cal, 18.6%P, 54.8%C, 26.6%F
    Egg, oatmeal, flaxseed, honey, wheat bread, brown rice, brussels sprouts, turkey, milk, peanut butter, grape all-fruit jelly, cheddar cheese, grape juice
    Water: 4 liters

I decided to go for eating just a little more, and no workout til tomorrow.:nod: It's enough to stand up on a stage holding the horn for an hour, I don't need to tire my arms and back beforehand.

I had to take a little allergy medicine before bed last night. English plantain is pollinating, and I used to be *very* allergic to that, but I don't think I'm quite so bad with that anymore.:tu: I'll be taking some medicine before the concert so there's no trouble. Then I'll be taking the clarinex over the weekend to get ready for shots on Monday!

Should be a long evening, but the excellent news is that I'm getting a ride with the trombone player, which is always more pleasant than driving by myself.:D

18. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Enjoy the recital.

19. Butterflyer

Thanks Paul! It didn't go really well, but it wasn't too bad either. I was standing where the sun hit right in my face. Our audience wasn't too big, but they were enthusiastic! Also, there were 2 singers in a row that we were kinda competing with in a way because they were coming in over a loudspeaker near us. Distracting, and vaguely like Charles Ives, only I like Charles Ives and I didn't like these singers.:p I don't think the combination of them with us could have even been interesting.:confused:

Scale:128 lbs.
    Omron: 26%
    Food: 2122 cal, 13.1%P, 59.3%C, 27.6%F
    Egg, wheat bread, Cheerios, milk, Italian bread, pasta, peas, meat sauce, cheddar cheese, grape juice, ice cream
    Allergy medicine: 1 clarinex
    Supplements: calcium/D, magnesium citrate
    Exercise: back/biceps workout 35 minutes
    Water: 3 liters

This is based on what I'll be having for dinner at my boyfriend's tonight. If it's different I can come back and change it.

I'm almost done reading A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian.:spaz: Thanks kateykate!

20. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

You too? Yay! I finished it just a couple of days ago. The narrator reminded me so much of kateykate and her no-nonsense efficiency. :) The author has released a new book, but only the version on Amazon.ca had the beautiful strawberries on the cover. :eat:

Your diet doesn't sound as restrictive and boring as I was afraid it might. You stick some really yummy stuff in there.