1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Butterflyer's Allergy & Fitness Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Butterflyer, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:claphigh:

:cry:

2. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

Poor li'l chipmunks! I think they get distressed by their overcrowding. (I make up stories about the chipmunks and their society while I'm out walking.)

I went for a walk/run this morning, and no new chipmunks were taking dirtnaps. Also, someone, or some animal perhaps, cleaned up the little bodies that were already out there. I doubt it was a person, actually. The dead deer hang around for days, I can't imagine anyone being more vigilant about these guys.

It's a good thing I already got out there, because on my way back from my concert it started pouring!

The concert went very well. Lots of kids were dancing and sort of bopping up and down where they were sitting, so that's always a good sign. I was a nervous wreck about reading the Teddy Bear's Picnic story, but I survived. I'm much more nervous about talking than playing.:confused:

One little baby kept crawling up to the front of the room-- the first time was right when I finished the story, and our trombonist reached out to protect my horn because the kid was headed straight for it!:spaz: I said, future french horn player! The tuba player said he was heading for the tuba.:nono: Clearly, he was headed for the horn, he could have put his head in the bell. He spent the rest of the concert crawling back up to the front, right in front of me, to face the audience. What a ham!:lol:

3. zenpharaohs

zenpharaohs Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

A cat lives on our place and she (and her kittens) eats a lot of our chipmunks.

[​IMG]

4. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:eek: what size are chipmunks? I alwasy picture them as about half a squirrel??

5. Butterflyer

Ooh, Kalashnikitty!!:love:

I think that's why there are no chipmunks in my apartment complex-- we have a couple of feral cat colonies there. But when I go out to the other neighborhoods, there aren't any cats keeping the chipmunks under control.

They're teeny! Maybe one-fourth the size of a squirrel??:confused: The squirrels around here look so big compared to the chipmunks.

[​IMG]

Last night I did a leg workout, and my hamstrings are now a little sore.

I had my shots today, and they went extremely well! It's like night & day, now that the trees are mostly done.

6. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

:claphigh::claphigh:

7. Butterflyer

And no lumps left on my arms today either.:D Sometimes the pollen shot leaves a lump that lasts through the next day.:p

This morning I walked/ran outside for 45 minutes. It was sooooo nice out. :dreamy: Then I had 3 leftover pancakes for breakfast, yum. Whenever I eat pancakes, I don't get hungry again til much later, which is very pleasant.:tu:

8. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

Sounds good about the lack of lumps! :lol:

9. Butterflyer

Allergy lumps!:lol:

Now every time I come into my journal, there is a BBWcupid ad.:confused:

This evening I did a weight workout. I'm trying a 4 day split now, because the recent experience with the trainer allowed me to see that I seem to have more energy and am more relaxed when I don't do all those full body workouts. Tonight I did shoulders, calves and abs-- all 3 things I usually don't do much for.

Have I mentioned lately that I :heart: my heart rate monitor? I really do. :dreamy:

I fell asleep on the couch for 3 hours while I was watching Ringu-- I was exhausted. Then I kept having dreams about Harvey Korman.:cry:

10. Happy Monster

I keep seeing FitnessSingles.com here.. Something's wrong! :)

11. Butterflyer

Now I've got an ad for the Bill Engvall Show! Here's yer sign....:spaz:

Last night I went walking with my walking buddy for an hour. I still haven't even taken a Clarinex.:tu: And today I had Thai food-- chicken pad kra pao. I put chlorpheniramine in my pocket just in case, but I still haven't had to take it. A miracle!:bow:

Watched Lost Colony last night on DVD. Adrian Paul was in it.:dreamy: It scared me a little, so I was entertained.

Tonight I have rehearsal and will also do a back workout before I go there.:nod:

12. kateykate

kateykate Well-Known Member

Wow, that's awesome. You're going to have to lose the 'allergy' title from your journal at this rate! ;)

13. Naturegirl

Naturegirl Well-Known Member

How exciting! :spaz:

Pancakes are good, sometimes I cant choose between belgian waffles, french toast, or crepes - they're all so yummy.

14. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

Its a good thing you don't live to close...your my kind of friend. Decisions, decisions! I love them ALL

I actually thought of you yesterday when I was outside and how miserable you probably would be at my house. I posted a picture of my yard and all the cottonwood on my grass. I have no allergies but by the end of the day my eyes were getting itchy. I have never seen the cottonwood this bad befoe. Its snowing in June...I guess its not to far off from Michigan weather.:)

15. Butterflyer

awwww, you're so sweet, katey! I think you might be even more optimistic than me.:nod: I figure I have about 2 months before the weeds get going, and I'm not expecting to be all desensitized to them just yet. And then come the autumn leaves!:spaz:

If I get really desensitized by next year, I'll just have to start a whole new journal!:claphigh:

I still haven't tried a waffle.
    :o
    It's just that the french toast and the pancakes always seem to dominate in the breakfast treat battle.:flex:

:scared:
    And that white stuff is the cottonwood seeds, I believe! See, and people think it's impossible when I say the dry leaves irritate me....

Based on my history, if I moved to Michigan, I would be allergic to the cottonwoods within a couple of years.:nod: We must not have too many of them around here.:confused: No snow!

Last night I did a back & biceps workout before rehearsal. I was soooo tired during rehearsal-- not so much because of the workout, more because I think I only got 5 hours of sleep Wednesday night.

I got some cleaning done when I got home from rehearsal, anyway. I changed the kitty litter and took out garbage. So at least I have a head start for the weekend.

Yesterday I got a digital food scale. Pretty neat! It can weigh in ounces or grams, so I'm using grams because I don't feel like dealing with 1/8 of an ounce increments.:p That peanut butter thing is pretty shocking. :eek: 32g really doesn't equal 2 TB. At least not with MY tablespoon, and how in cooking you usually measure by leveling at the top of the spoon with a flat knife edge. Or maybe the peanut butter gets denser as it gets older.:confused: I've always been overeating the peanut butter. :lol:

The scale is a Salter scale and it's really easy to use, especially compared to the rickety plastic thing with a dial that I used to have. And the new scale is pretty, too!

16. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That's great that you allergies are under control.

I also have a Salter digital scale; I think you're going to find it very useful. Heavy peanut butter. :confused::lol:

17. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

I started reading your journal after a bunch of others, and as soon as I opened it I started sneezing :lol:

18. Butterflyer

:lol: I do like peanut butter and am glad to be eating it again. Ahhhh, peanut butter! :dreamy:

I also discovered that when ever I eat cheese, I actually usually have had less than I thought. One ounce of cheese is a pretty big chunk.:confused:

:eek: There's pollen in my journal! :scared::lol:

Last night I went walking with my friend, which was fun. We were out for an hour.

I ended up taking 2 chlorpheniramine and 2 sudafed yesterday, but no clarinex. Still amazing!:D

19. Happy Monster

Must.. Not.. Sneeze!

20. Butterflyer

:doh::lol:

Yesterday I did a chest/triceps workout and later went walking in the 95F heat with my friend. I drank a *lot* of water.

Today I'm working, and afterwards I'm going to Rakkasah, a Middle Eastern dance festival, to see my director dance with a troupe she's in.:spaz: Should be fun!