1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Butterflyer's Allergy & Fitness Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Butterflyer, Feb 5, 2008.

1. bmacntmac

bmacntmac Well-Known Member

Or not long enough. These journals are great for finding out what makes us all tick. I wish I could sit still long enough to go deeper into things in my journal. But I never do. I think its adult ADD for me.

I think M@ really opened up a can of worms for a lot of us with his post the other day. And I'm really glad he did. We'd all be happier people if we figured out why we do what we do, think what we think, etc. We just want to fix it and not figure out the why.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Congratulations B on your cigarette abstinence anniversary!

I hope you're feeling better today. :)

3. Happy Monster

Happy Monster Well-Known Member

Hey there,

I think a lower calorie diet is also causing my moods to worsen lately. Amazing how subtly things like can happen though!

If you do Yoga and then meditation it seems easier to relax into the meditative aspect, and the more you do that the easier it becomes to quickly relax.

4. Butterflyer

Butterflyer Well-Known Member

Good points! I keep trying to figure all this stuff out. There's probably not a solution to everything, but I keep looking anyway.:)

I sometimes wonder how things would have worked if my psychological/brain symptoms had been worse first. In my case, those symptoms decrease when I get the allergies under control. I wonder if the reverse would have been true if I had started taking something for the psychological stuff first, like antidepressants or whatever a doctor would have prescribed.

Thanks, Paul!:tu: I'm not in such a bad mood today, though I'm still tired and wired.:lol: And all kinds of disorganized.:p

Yeah, lower calories can do that.:(
    I really need to keep up with the yoga. That should probably be my number one priority, considering that it helps with my allergies and keeps me much more relaxed.

I have to get better at scheduling, especially during the months of April and May. :spaz:

5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Brian, I sometimes feel that I go too far :); not in the sense that I'm sharing anything I don't want to, but in the sense of time because I think I'm a slow writer and it takes me a while to get a coherent post.

Bottom line, JSF has an incredibly supportive group of people and I know that I'm better off for having stumbled across this site.

Butterflyer, sorry for the minor hijack. I'm glad to read that you're feeling marginally better today. Hopefully the tired and wired feeling will not be present as the day morphs into evening.

6. Happy Monster

Hope you've had a good weekend and are also feeling a lot better!
    :dreamy:

7. Butterflyer

That's no hijack, that fit in just fine!:D

I had a pretty restful weekend and am feeling a lot better, Rich, thanks! Nice new avatar, by the way!:cool:

Last night I unfortunately had one of those nights where you know you must have slept, because there were dreams, but you feel like you never slept at all because you were obviously just making those dreams up in your head and spent the entire time wondering when the sleeping would start. I don't know, weird. I had a pretty productive day at work, though.

I also have no cavities, hooray! I went to the dentist for my 6 month cleaning this morning. Last Friday my teeth were hurting, and I was sure they were all going to have to come out.:lol: It turned out it was just my ears. They were really full of wax I guess. I spent an evening holding a hot washcloth on each ear and several days using Debrox and flushing them, and I think I cleared it up. This happens a lot from the allergies, and I can never seem to completely keep on top of it. No pain now anyway.

Saturday morning was my last personal training session, and it was all legs. Squats and lunges in the Smith machine for starters-- I'm ok with the Smith machine, it doesn't seem to give me any problems with my knees or back, but probably having someone help with the form made that work well. It's a good thing too, because of course the mirror in front of the Smith and the squat cage only goes down to my waist.:rolleyes: I also did step ups, hamstring curl pyramid set, leg press drop set, and something for inner thighs and abs with the Swiss ball that was quite painful. There must have been other stuff, but I forgot almost immediately.:lol:

I got in some yoga and walking over the weekend too.

Hope I can get some sleep tonight. :scared:

Oh, I only took a Clarinex today! So exciting!:spaz:

8. kateykate

kateykate Well-Known Member

ugh, I hate those nights. Still, good work on no cavities! :D

9. Happy Monster

I know EXACTLY what you mean! :nod:

10. Butterflyer

:D And then I chewed too much Dubble Bubble yesterday and my jaw is a little sore.:lol:

:nod: I got *some* decent sleep last night, which is better than none.:tu:

I went for a walk for an hour and 15 minutes today. My allergies are really calming down. I better go knock on some wood. I took a Clarinex and just one chlorpheniramine and a sudafed today. Plus, no wacky heart racing now.:claplow:

11. Happy Monster

Hurrah! Looks like the medicine and Yoga is helping. ;)

12. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

I always feel old when I chew gum now...my jaw gets really sore fast! I remembe chewing gum for hours as a kids...you would think for as much as I eat my jaw would be condition:lol:. My kids will put 2-3 pieces of Hubba Bubba in there mouth and chew like baseball guys for hours.

13. Butterflyer

:claphigh: Yes!!! AND the trees are pretty much done doing their business!:D I still feel like I'm recovering faster this year though. Only Clarinex today!!:spaz:

I had to just now start chewing a piece of strawberry splash bubblicious! :lol: Eating and chewing bubble gum are very different it seems to me, so you're out of gum-chewing practice probably.:nod: It's not age, I'm sure of it. If you practice you'll get better!:lol: It's good that I have goals, right? I think part of the reason my jaw was sore the other day was because I *was* putting 2 or 3 pieces of dubble bubble in at a time. And I did it most of the day.:spank:

Now that I know I just need to chew gum with real sugar in it instead of the birch juice (xylitol), I'm pretty happy. After I quit smoking, I chewed a lot of sugar free gum, and then was getting a lot of sores in my mouth and a swollen tongue. So now I know why. Damn birch slime.:(

I just got back from a rehearsal-- we have a gig at my library on Saturday. A children's concert! Then 2 more in June, and then a break.

This morning I had 2 leftover pancakes :heart:for breakfast, and I've been happy all day.

14. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Chewing gum and pancakes, the stuff happiness is made of. :dreamy:

I'm so happy for you that the trees are almost done their business! :tucool:

15. Butterflyer

Thanks guava!:D

Now I like making my own pancakes better than getting them somewhere else. It's fun! I even got to use my maple syrup this time without my throat itching, because the maples are definitely done, and have been for a little while now. And this weekend I actually had a slice of tomato without my eyes itching. Ahhhh!!:)

I decided to look up making gum-- it sounds kind of difficult and you need gum base. I just have phases now & then where I like to chew gum, so I don't think I'll try making my own just now. Maybe someday.....

16. Jedi

Jedi Well-Known Member

Butterflyer, I follow closely your journal and dspite some pretty bad days/odd week there is no doubt that this year has been better than last for your allergies. :D which months are normally the least offensive for you?

17. kateykate

kateykate Well-Known Member

lol... I never chew gum! I have issues with noisy chewers, and I generally don't do gum, for fear that I'll be a noisy chewer myself.

18. kree-kree

kree-kree Well-Known Member

:drool:Pancakes!!!:drool:

19. Butterflyer

:claphigh: Now we're coming to my favorite time of year: summer!! I used to be allergic to grass also, but that was always less bad than the others. I always loved summer when I was a kid too-- I like hot and humid weather, and I love swimming.

I also do ok in January!:D Fall used to be really bad for me, but this past year I was not horrible until the leaves fell, and then it was like tree season all over again.:p

My walking buddy also has issues with noisy chewers.:nod: She kinda has some sort of extra sensitive hearing where most people become noisy chewers though I guess.:lol: I don't go on a fast walk and chew at the same time-- I would surely swallow the gum if I did that anyway.

:eat:

Sleeping is back to good, yay!!

20. Butterflyer

I only took a Clarinex today, and I even went walking for a half hour in the evening breeze. Wow!! I'm amazed.:eek:

The chipmunks around here are starting to commit suicide.:p Just throwing themselves in front of cars or daydreaming in the middle of the road.:(