1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Buster's 2009 Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Buster, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Buster

Buster Active Member

Well, I'm back on the forums after a long lapse. I'm in the worst shape I've been in a couple of years now, weighing in at only around 141lbs and with very little muscle. I've been going to the gym very sporadically and not eating properly, mainly because of a new job I started in 2008.

The success of 2007, when I got over 160lbs, seems like a long way away. I've finished the trainee part of my job now, so I have a little more time and flexibility to dedicate to the gym and eating properly. 2009's New Year resolutions? You guessed it: gym and diet. Same old story!

Off to my first workout of the year now. Will post a pic soon as a reminder to myself of why not to let things slip!

Would be good to hear from some of the oldies; how are you all getting on nowadays?

:bb::eat:

2. Buster

Buster Active Member

Well, ashamedly, the first 3 weeks of the year were poor. Back on the rails now though, and am eating and exercising well. I'm going skiing in just over a week's time, so will try my best to eat well during the week I'm away.

Hang clean and press after weeks off is an absolute killer! Leaves the whole body aching. :spank:

3. Buster

Buster Active Member

How did May come around so quickly?! Looking at my posts from back in January, it just shows how easily time is wasted!

The first few months of the year were sporadic in terms of working out to say the least. Diet wasn't great, alcohol consumption was too high and I was ill a few times.

For the last 2-3 weeks, though, things have been a different story. I haven't missed a workout, they've all been intense, diet has been great and alcohol consumption is down to a minimum. I'm putting on a bit of weights (am 145lbs+ now) and my lifts are all going up.

I'm now (elevated) deadlifting 100kg (220lbs) for 5 sets of several reps each, which is great for me. I wonder what my 1RM is... This is something of a milestone for me, so I'm very pleased with this :) :bb: It feels great to put quite a few big plates on the bar for once!

4. Buster

Buster Active Member

I'm back from a brief (4 day) holiday to Norway. Spent most of the time fishing and relaxing and went for a few runs.

Having got back, I haven't lost much weight, which is good. Back in the gym today. 1 week left on this routine and then I'm switching it up to an even lower rep one.

Weights have been going up, as has size consistently. I've been on a good run for about a month now...Here's to hoping things stay on track. :tucool: