1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Bulking Ab routine

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by lap23, Jul 31, 2013.

1. lap23

lap23 Member

I just started bulking and would like to secure a good routine. I am currently on a 5 day split and (Mon-Fri). I work abs mon, wed and fri. I use weight resistance to aid in the bulking. I use the seated crunch machine and do 3 sets of 12, followed by weighted leg raises (3 sets of 12), then kneeling rope pull downs 3 sets of 12, then a dropset of weighted decline crunches with a plate on my chest, followed by using the plated to do side twists (also 3 sets of 12).

I have heard that abs are attained through low body fat and a proper diet. My diet is very clean and low body fat will be attained when I cut. Logic leads me to believe that the more I bulk my abs now the more they will show when I cut.

Let me know if im on the right track, by doing the right workouts and the proper amount of sets

All advise and insight is much appreciate it.

2. petvan

petvan Active Member

me, i'd stop doing all that ab work and do overhead squats, front squats, back squats, deadlifts etc.. these will stress your core and build the balance of your body and maybe do some of the stuff you are doing as supplemental if you feel the need.

lots of guys in my gym have very defined abs, and I've never seen any of them doing "ab bulking".

P

3. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Bulking and direct ab work? :confused:

Let your core get work doing squats, deadlifts, GHRs, front squats, etc....

....and for bonus fun....do some suitcase deadlifts if you just can't live without direct core work...

4. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Even though that guy is never coming back (1 post), I will throw in the obligatory phrase that hopefully others will see in reading this thread:

Abs are made in the kitchen. Period.

If you want abs.....lose bodyfat.